share on fb

Started by canecorsonancy, December 30, 2019, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canecorsonancy

I used to run a smf for several years. Then about 10 years ago, facebook took over. Now many want the forum back, but we need to be able to share posts on facebook, since most our community is there and will stay there. If I just copy and paste the url to fb, only the url shows up, but nothing from the contence. Anyone any idea how to make it sharable, so that some contence and preferably at least 1 picture will show up on fb?

canecorsonancy

Another question. Where can I find the 'like mods'. I saw this on a different forum and I love it!  8)

Irisado

If you require any modifications, your first step is to search the mod site: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/ :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

AlanDewey

When I post a forum link in facebook, facebook does show the topic title, no problem there.

It often will not show any photo at all, or it will select something useless.  So then I go to the trouble of uploading "the" photo to the post, but I make sure I re-size it so small it is not worth it for anyone to steal it.  Like 200 pixels or so.
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

DreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: canecorsonancy on December 30, 2019, 12:44:29 PM
I used to run a smf for several years. Then about 10 years ago, facebook took over. Now many want the forum back, but we need to be able to share posts on facebook, since most our community is there and will stay there. If I just copy and paste the url to fb, only the url shows up, but nothing from the contence. Anyone any idea how to make it sharable, so that some contence and preferably at least 1 picture will show up on fb?
you should use IFTTT and link your smf forum rss to your facebook page. no mod required. IT really great for automatically post links
Welcome to Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe || A retro design vaporwave community forum! Enjoy your stay!

KatieChristensen

Quote from: DreadPirateRoberts on January 19, 2020, 10:40:14 PM
Quote from: canecorsonancy on December 30, 2019, 12:44:29 PM
you should use IFTTT and link your smf forum rss to your facebook page. no mod required. IT really great for automatically post links

I'm pretty new to all of this. What is IFTTT?

Advertisement: