News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tapatalk on 2.0.17 issue

Started by pocttopus, December 31, 2019, 08:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Hello,

Update went smoothly from 2.0.15 -> 2.0.16 -> 2.0.17
But I cannot login on my account with Tapatalk (ver. 4.5.2).
Here is the error message and how can I solve this issue?

Illori

we do not support mods here, you would need to post in their support topic/forum.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571045.0 was recently posted about this.

pocttopus

Quote from: Illori on December 31, 2019, 08:37:11 AM
we do not support mods here, you would need to post in their support topic/forum.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571045.0 was recently posted about this.
Thanks for the response.
I didn't saw that already this issue is having a topic.

I didn't knew if it smf or tapatalk issue either.
Thanks again and move the topic to a proper place.

ps... anyone can attach the Load.php file? Thanks.

Shambles

Quote from: pocttopus on December 31, 2019, 08:55:50 AM

Go to their website and get it.

pocttopus

Quote from: Shambles on December 31, 2019, 09:00:55 AM
Quote from: pocttopus on December 31, 2019, 08:55:50 AM

Go to their website and get it.
I am not a member on that site... I just want the file, I don't want to open another account.

edit
Here is the file in the attachment.
The path: mobiquo/include/Load.php
SOLVED!

[Edit (m4z)]: Removed the attachment, please see the external link above.

Kindred

And we can not distribute their file(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pocttopus

I was not aware of that what is not allowed... if there is any issue please feel free to delete/remove the attachament, or just delete the whole post.
Thanks.

m4z

Since the file is BSD licensed, I don't see any issue.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Illori

the file is modified yet does not have its own license. they cannot reuse our own license.

we have many issues with tapatalk and don't recommend anyone using it.

pocttopus

Please remove the file or delete the whole post.
I am not able to do that.

Quote from: Illori on December 31, 2019, 01:35:41 PM
the file is modified yet does not have its own license. they cannot reuse our own license.

we have many issues with tapatalk and don't recommend anyone using it.
Our forum had issues as well. Some topics from Administration were public in Tapatalk and therefor we had to remove this plugin.
But our members are using mobile phones instead of pc's and they asked to return the plugin for them.
I am not a fan of Tapatalk and honestly I am expecting 2.1 to be mobile responsive.  :-\

m4z

Interesting license situation.

I have removed the attachment.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

HDB

Quote from: pocttopus on December 31, 2019, 01:43:34 PM

Our forum had issues as well. Some topics from Administration were public in Tapatalk and therefor we had to remove this plugin.
But our members are using mobile phones instead of pc's and they asked to return the plugin for them.
I am not a fan of Tapatalk and honestly I am expecting 2.1 to be mobile responsive.  :-\
In Forum →Administration Center →Tapatalk Settings →Boards you can use the "Select Boards to HIDE on Tapatalk" settings to hide any Admin boards that you have.

I have some concerns with Tapatalk and like you my members like the mobile connection that Tapatalk provides and I am stuck with that until maybe 2.1 gives me a good mobile experience. I have a responsive theme now but I would hope for better in SMF 2.1.

pocttopus

Quote from: m4z on December 31, 2019, 02:05:57 PM
Interesting license situation.

I have removed the attachment.
Thanks for removing the attachment. :)

Quote from: HDB on December 31, 2019, 02:07:48 PM
In Forum →Administration Center →Tapatalk Settings →Boards you can use the "Select Boards to HIDE on Tapatalk" settings to hide any Admin boards that you have.
It doesn't work.  :-\
I have selected those boards but still all members from there are receiving notifications from those topics on tapatalk.

Quote from: HDB on December 31, 2019, 02:07:48 PM
I have some concerns with Tapatalk and like you my members like the mobile connection that Tapatalk provides and I am stuck with that until maybe 2.1 gives me a good mobile experience. I have a responsive theme now but I would hope for better in SMF 2.1.
I am waiting too for 2.1.  ::)

Shambles

I followed up the legality of posting this 3rd party script here.

Quote from: Shambles@Tapatalk
@Howdy  are we allowed to redistribute any repair files from your forums?

Quote from: Howdy@Tapatalk
yes, Shambles
But please let the receipient know to use it at their own discretion. This is not an official fix rather a quick workaround/temporary fix for login. Other issues and problems may exist. The developer will work on a full Tapatalk SMF 2+ plugin update. We hope to release it in the next 7 -10 days.

pocttopus

@Shambles thanks for updating situation about this plugin.  ;) :)

Shambles

The attachment should not have been deleted. It's a fair fix and the owners have granted permission to distribute it.

SychO

Didn't have permission before you posted that.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Advertisement: