No upgrade link to 2.0.17 - package cannot be found

Started by Looking, December 31, 2019, 08:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking

On some forums I get the option to update and the upgrade goes without problems.

But on one particular forum it will not show the admin link as needing the 2.0.17 update as it did with 2.0.16. Additionally, when I upload the package manually it does not show under packages to install. Any ideas what would cause that?

shawnb61

Manually running the "Fetch SMF files" task in Scheduled Tasks should address the links/announcement.

No idea on the patch not showing up after being uploaded.  Haven't seen that...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

YogiBear

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 31, 2019, 08:56:31 AM

I noticed that too but it did correct itself after a few minutes.  2.0.17 package shows toward bottom of installed packages list.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

m4z

Quote from: YogiBear on December 31, 2019, 09:00:52 AM
Quote from: shawnb61 on December 31, 2019, 08:56:31 AM

I noticed that too but it did correct itself after a few minutes.  2.0.17 package shows toward bottom of installed packages list.

I see this behavior too, in both 2.0 and 2.1: When installing a new package, it does not always show up immediately after the first redirect to the package list. I assumed a caching issue, and after a reload after a couple of seconds, it always appeared. (I haven't tested if the package is still hidden when quickly reloading after being redirected.)
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Looking

The patch that you get from the download link and the small upgrade from the download page are labelled differently using underscores rather than "." for the forum in question it will only show the link download patch but not the other. Strange... may be related to name *shrug*.

Advertisement: