Can't update language files, temporary issue?

Started by m4z, December 31, 2019, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4z

Not sure if this belongs here or into Bug Reports as it might be a 2.0.16 issue:

I've been trying a few times in the last hour or two, and when searching for a language to re-add (IOW the exotic SMF way of updating an installed language), i keep getting "The Simple Machines site is not responding. Please try again later."
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

m4z

I've tried 20-30 times over the last 90 minutes, still no luck. Hitting the search button immediately shows the error.
--Homer Simpson

Illori

m4z

--Homer Simpson

Illori

m4z

Attached a GIF of what i'm seeing, webserver (access) log looks fine (error log is empty):

90.186.0.0 - m4z [2019-12-31T15:28:49+00:00] "GET /index.php?action=admin;area=languages;<hexstring> HTTP/1.1" 200 4126 "https://<my smf 2.0.16>/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc" "-"
90.186.0.0 - m4z [2019-12-31T15:28:51+00:00] "GET /index.php?action=admin;area=languages;sa=add;<hexstring> HTTP/1.1" 200 3706 "https://<my smf 2.0.16>/index.php?action=admin;area=languages;<hexstring>" "-"
90.186.0.0 - m4z [2019-12-31T15:28:54+00:00] "POST /index.php?action=admin;area=languages;sa=add;<hexstring> HTTP/1.1" 200 3758 "https://<my smf 2.0.16>/index.php?action=admin;area=languages;sa=add;<hexstring>" "-"
--Homer Simpson

shawnb61

Odd, I'm not seeing that.

Try leaving it blank & pressing search.  You should see everything.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

m4z

Nope, same error with empty search string. (The only mod installed, btw, is Responsive Curve.)
This is still 2.0.16 as stated in the first post (didn't want to go the easy route and download the package (which I did for .15 -> .16, so problem might have existed there already), forcing myself to use the in-SMF-feature instead).

(Just tested a 2.1 forum on the same host, that works fine for both empty and search-string cases.)

--Homer Simpson

shawnb61

m4z

Works again on 2.0.17. So this is expected behavior? :o
--Homer Simpson

shawnb61

Not sure it's expected behavior.  I logged #117 internally.

It has been this way for a while.  You can only download language packs for the current version. 

SleePy

The auto downloader only allows you to download from the current release.  So 2.0.17 was just released you can't download 2.0.16 languages.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

m4z

Good to know (and to have it documented here). Quite unexpected from a user perspective.
--Homer Simpson

GravuTrad

Quote from: SleePy on January 01, 2020, 09:24:08 AM
The auto downloader only allows you to download from the current release.  So 2.0.17 was just released you can't download 2.0.16 languages.
;)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Advertisement: