News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.15 to 2.0.17

Started by dodos26, December 31, 2019, 11:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodos26

2.0.15 to 2.0.17 Heyyy I can copy part of the database:  boards, board_permissions, categories and permission_profiles from 15 to 17? From the initial tests I see no problems except for the number of messages but I can recount. There will be no problems. I can't upgrade properly for any treasures so I decided to clean install it. But I have over 600 forums and a subforum to rewrite ..

Illori

why cant you upgrade property? what is the exact issue you are having? the more details you give us of what is actually happening the better we can help you to fix the issue.

dodos26

He writes something about a wrong language version, next i try englich or skip next dont can login if I disable login secure I again thrown into information with a language problem.
Besides, my code is heavily modified and wants to start playing again without losing the category.

m4z

What's the exact error message?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

dodos26

We've detected an older language version. Try Englich Skip
It doesn't matter I don't want to try xxx once again. I want to make sure that after copying the above tables from 15 to 17 there will be no problems. Has their structure changed somehow?

Illori

can you try with 2.0.16 and see if that works?

but if you are upgrading from 2.0.15 you should use the package manager patch not the large upgrade.

https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?archive;b=4;v=102

m4z

I believe the policy is not to change the tables in minor versions, but I assume tables or columns have been added for the GDPR handling.
--Homer Simpson

Illori

there was content added but no changes to the tables that require using the large upgrade as far as I know.

dodos26

it looks like this but I don't understand it and I don't know the old structure

'board_permissions' => array(
'ID_GROUP' => 'ID_GROUP id_group smallint(5) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'ID_PROFILE' => 'ID_PROFILE id_profile smallint(5) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'addDeny' => 'addDeny add_deny tinyint(4) NOT NULL default \'1\'',
),
'boards' => array(
'ID_BOARD' => 'ID_BOARD id_board smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment',
'ID_CAT' => 'ID_CAT id_cat tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'childLevel' => 'childLevel child_level tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'ID_PARENT' => 'ID_PARENT id_parent smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'boardOrder' => 'boardOrder board_order smallint(5) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'ID_LAST_MSG' => 'ID_LAST_MSG id_last_msg int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'ID_MSG_UPDATED' => 'ID_MSG_UPDATED id_msg_updated int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'memberGroups' => 'memberGroups member_groups varchar(255) NOT NULL default \'-1,0\'',
'ID_PROFILE' => 'ID_PROFILE id_profile smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default \'1\'',
'numTopics' => 'numTopics num_topics mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'numPosts' => 'numPosts num_posts mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'countPosts' => 'countPosts count_posts tinyint(4) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'ID_THEME' => 'ID_THEME id_theme tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'unapprovedPosts' => 'unapprovedPosts unapproved_posts smallint(5) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'unapprovedTopics' => 'unapprovedTopics unapproved_topics smallint(5) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
),

'categories' => array(
'ID_CAT' => 'ID_CAT id_cat tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment',
'catOrder' => 'catOrder cat_order tinyint(4) NOT NULL default \'0\'',
'canCollapse' => 'canCollapse can_collapse tinyint(1) NOT NULL default \'1\'',
),
'permission_profiles' => array(
'ID_PROFILE' => 'ID_PROFILE id_profile smallint(5) NOT NULL auto_increment',
),

m4z

Download the 2.0.15 archive, look into it. :P
--Homer Simpson

dodos26

But I don't understand it, I know it is in the database update file.

Illori

what old structure? there have been no changes to the database since 2.0 was released.

dodos26

Quote from: Illori on December 31, 2019, 12:14:59 PM
what old structure? there have been no changes to the database since 2.0 was released.

Thanks, I was waiting for such an answer.  So I can copy and there will be no problems?

Illori

what are you copying? from and to?

dodos26

Subject  :-X 2.0.15 to 2.0.17

Illori

then use the package manager to upgrade. it does all the changes for you.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

dodos26

How many times will I repeat that I want to install the forum clean but I want to copy only these database tables.
Why do you want to force me to try to update?

shawnb61

My understanding is they don't want to patch, due to the high # of mods & issues.

The upgrader will get all clean current code, and will wipe out all mods.

We are working on a fix to the language version issue that is impacting the upgrader.  Falls into the timeframe of "soon"...

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Illori

Quote from: Illori on December 31, 2019, 11:58:26 AM
can you try with 2.0.16 and see if that works?
https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?archive;b=4;v=102

then this should work without issue, then they can use the package manager to upgrade to 2.0.17.

m4z

Please attempt to re-read your earlier messages. It's very hard for us to understand what your situation is and what you're trying to achieve, given the briefness of your posts, your grammatical and spelling errors, lack of punctuation, ...

You began saying that you either attempted, or were able to, copy a part of the tables, with no info as to why you're doing that.
Next, for no discernible reason, you're talking about recounting messages, about "treasures", and that you have 600 SMF installations. (Are you in a university context?)
Then, you're suddenly doing either a patch update, a large upgrade or a fresh install, and getting one or multiple errors.
Then, you're done installing/updating, but can't login?
Then you want to "play" something?
Next, you're talking about a "category".

You catch my drift? You're having huge problems making yourself clear.
Instead of giving us a glimpse into your world through little holes in the curtain, it would be better to remove the curtain by explaining your situation better. Then, we can give you much more helpful answers.
We can't read your mind, and we will naturally recommend the common and easy paths. If you departed from them, that's your own problem.
--Homer Simpson

Advertisement: