News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.15 to 2.0.17

Started by dodos26, December 31, 2019, 11:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodos26

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 31, 2019, 12:55:39 PM
My understanding is they don't want to patch, due to the high # of mods & issues.

The upgrader will get all clean current code, and will wipe out all mods.

We are working on a fix to the language version issue that is impacting the upgrader.  Falls into the timeframe of "soon"...

Exactly! So the developer confirms that you copy the categories and retain your permissions. Do you only need those tables with databases that I have listed and updated, have you made any changes that will disrupt the forum in some places?

Using your attention I will report an error in incorrect counting of threads that are awaiting approval. After approval it still shows that you need to approve xx threads. Only after restarting the browser it disappears.

shawnb61

I would never attempt a partial restore.  It's a database.  Everything points to everything. 

I recommend waiting for the fix to the upgrader.  I am not sure the timeframe for this, though. 

If you can't wait, you can change this one line early in upgrade.php:
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0.17');
to
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0.16');

That will get you past the language version issue.

m4z is correct - more description is always more helpful...  It is difficult following this thread.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

dodos26

Quote from: m4z on December 31, 2019, 01:02:02 PM
Please attempt to re-read your earlier messages. It's very hard for us to understand what your situation is and what you're trying to achieve, given the briefness of your posts, your grammatical and spelling errors, lack of punctuation, ...

You began saying that you either attempted, or were able to, copy a part of the tables, with no info as to why you're doing that.
Next, for no discernible reason, you're talking about recounting messages, about "treasures", and that you have 600 SMF installations. (Are you in a university context?)
Then, you're suddenly doing either a patch update, a large upgrade or a fresh install, and getting one or multiple errors.
Then, you're done installing/updating, but can't login?
Then you want to "play" something?
Next, you're talking about a "category".

You catch my drift? You're having huge problems making yourself clear.
Instead of giving us a glimpse into your world through little holes in the curtain, it would be better to remove the curtain by explaining your situation better. Then, we can give you much more helpful answers.
We can't read your mind, and we will naturally recommend the common and easy paths. If you departed from them, that's your own problem.

m4z

You'll have to try that for yourself; I recommend a test installation.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

dodos26

I don't want to update.
I want a fresh installation.
I want to copy board from 2.0.15 to 2.0.17 !!! WITCHOUT UPDATE !!!
I don't want to manualy rewrite 600+ boards.. and set all permissions.

I try this work but i dont know whether any changes have been introduced in this part of the database which can cause mistakes somewhere where you can't see it like this ...at first sight

shawnb61

I would still recommend the ugprader, then finding a way to purge messages & members somehow. 

The upgrader gives you a fresh set of code & effectively deinstalls mods.  You keep all your boards, permissions, etc. 

As I mentioned earlier, picking and choosing tables is not recommended.  If you head down that path, you are really on your own.  It may be feasible, but will likely require a lot of trial & error. 

Regarding counts being wrong, etc., there is a function to reset all your counts & stats under Admin | Maintenance. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

m4z

Quote from: dodos26 on December 31, 2019, 01:19:54 PM
I don't want to update.
I want a fresh installation.
I want to copy board from 2.0.15 to 2.0.17 !!! WITCHOUT UPDATE !!!
I don't want to manualy rewrite 600+ boards.. and set all permissions.

I try this work but i dont know whether any changes have been introduced in this part of the database which can cause mistakes somewhere where you can't see it like this ...at first sight

What I meant, was: Create a "staging copy" of your forum, and use that to test if your changes will work.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

dodos26

Will it clean the database of mod entries? Or make modifications through it?

dodos26

a better idea add in 2.0.18

I update export reinstal next import :)

Illori

we will not be adding that in any future version.

no that will not clear the database of mod entries and we don't recommend you doing anything with the database unless you know what you are doing.

Kindred

As stated,  you can not copy just parts of the database.
Tables and columns refernce each other....   just don't do it.

Use the upgrade. don't worry about mod data in the database
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dodos26

Ok, I Change forum to Englich change install to 2.0.16 next copy board and category sql next reinstal forum next remove board and category colums next restore old board and category sql :D This work next I had to add the permissions in the correct order as before. And all forums regained their permission groups themselves.  I had to click through all the options in maintenance and the forum works fine :)

Kindred

You will have missing data.  You can't do things like that,  cleanly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dodos26

I know, I just wanted categories and boards

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: m4z on December 31, 2019, 12:00:03 PM
I believe the policy is not to change the tables in minor versions, but I assume tables or columns have been added for the GDPR handling.

No. This is part of why adding GDPR support was not an easy task. ;)
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: dodos26 on January 01, 2020, 07:39:08 PM
I know, I just wanted categories and boards

What you are doing is a very bad idea. Even if you think you made it work, you (or your users) will eventually discover parts of your forum's functionality that are broken. You should follow the advice that has been given to you by others in this topic already.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: