News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Buzzsprout Podcast

Started by njtweb, January 03, 2020, 12:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Is there a way to embed, or a bbc mod to use for Buzzsprout?

I have the custom BBC mod, if there's a way to do it with that I'd do it.

Antes

njtweb

Hi Thank you for the response, I have the episode link. I just want it embed in a post to play on my site and not be re-directed back to buzzsprout.

Antes

Quote from: njtweb on January 04, 2020, 08:12:11 AM
Hi Thank you for the response, I have the episode link. I just want it embed in a post to play on my site and not be re-directed back to buzzsprout.

Can you post a link example... I don't know if they are actually supporting embedding (or supplying link), if not you probably need to pull that episode's link (mp3) from API and use either custom MP3 player (jQuery etc...) or just load it with HTML5 Audio.

njtweb

Quote from: Antes on January 04, 2020, 08:34:34 AM
Quote from: njtweb on January 04, 2020, 08:12:11 AM

Can you post a link example... I don't know if they are actually supporting embedding (or supplying link), if not you probably need to pull that episode's link (mp3) from API and use either custom MP3 player (jQuery etc...) or just load it with HTML5 Audio.

Sure

http://www.buzzsprout.com/213400/2400884-hockey-happenings-2020-flyers-cup?play=true

Antes

njtweb

Quote from: Antes on January 04, 2020, 10:08:50 AM
https://www.buzzsprout.com/help/15-find-embed-code - you can turn this into a simple bbcode and be done.

Yes, that is what I want to do but I don't know what you mean? I've already been on that buzzsprout page before posting here.

Antes

array(
'tag' => 'sprout',
'type' => 'unparsed_content',
'content' => '<script src="$1.js?player=small" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>',
),

You can have something like this and improve it based on other BBCode's around or whatever...

njtweb

Quote from: Antes on January 04, 2020, 12:36:13 PM
array(
'tag' => 'sprout',
'type' => 'unparsed_content',
'content' => '<script src="$1.js?player=small" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>',
),

You can have something like this and improve it based on other BBCode's around or whatever...

I'm sorry, I don't know what this means? Am I supposed to edit a file? If so, which one? And when I do, do I used bbcode to post the buzzsprout podcast link or do I just post the link and it converts to the mp3 podcast player?

Thank you for your help.

Herman's Mixen

You need to add that code to the BBCode Array inside... /Sources/Subs.php N-joy !
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

njtweb

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on January 20, 2020, 11:05:53 AM
You need to add that code to the BBCode Array inside... /Sources/Subs.php N-joy !

Thank you for the response. I'm in Sources>subs.php

I did a search for BBCode array with no results. If I search "array" by itself there's 12 results all in one area.

case 3: // In array, expecting value or another array.
if($type == 'a')
{
$stack[] = &$list;
$list[$key] = array();
$list = &$list[$key];
$expected[] = $expectedLength;
$state = 2;
break;
}
if($type != '}')
{
$list[$key] = $value;
$state = 2;
break;
}

// Missing array value.
return false;

case 2: // in array, expecting end of array or a key
if($type == '}')
{
// Array size is less than expected.
if(count($list) < end($expected))
return false;

unset($list);
$list = &$stack[count($stack)-1];
array_pop($stack);

// Go to terminal state if we're at the end of the root array.
array_pop($expected);

if(count($expected) == 0)
$state = 1;

break;
}

if($type == 'i' || $type == 's')
{
// Array size exceeds expected length.
if(count($list) >= end($expected))
return false;

$key = $value;
$state = 3;
break;
}

// Illegal array index type.
return false;

// Expecting array or value.
case 0:
if($type == 'a')
{
$data = array();
$list = &$data;
$expected[] = $expectedLength;
$state = 2;
break;
}

Herman's Mixen

Find in Subs.php $codes = array( there where all magical stuff happends ;)

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

njtweb

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on January 20, 2020, 04:16:54 PM
Find in Subs.php $codes = array( there where all magical stuff happends ;)

Thank you, I found it and added the new array and saved.

I copied the URL for the buzzsprout podcast and went back to a test post and posted. I still see the same link after posting. I tried it with
[sprout][/sprout] tags but still nothing. What's supposed to happen now that the array is added?

Herman's Mixen

Now you go for Subs-Editor.php

find

if (empty($context['bbc_tags']))
   {
      // The below array makes it dead easy to add images to this control. Add it to the array and everything else is done for you!

and add your custom bbcode somewhere where it should fit, so you can use it inside the editor

for example...

array(
'image' => 'img',
'code' => 'img',
'before' => '[img]',
'after' => '[/img]',
'description' => $txt['image']
),

njtweb

I think this request went into a different direction somehow.

What I'd like to do is be able to embed buzzsprout podcasts in posts so they play on my site and the traffic doesn't have to go to the buzzsprout website. I was hoping a bbcode would do the trick. I have the custom bbcode mod installed.

This is one of the podcasts.
http://www.buzzsprout.com/213400/2400884-hockey-happenings-2020-flyers-cup?play=true

njtweb

Please delete this. I have no idea what direction it went into but it's now confusing to understand what the intended objective is. I'm going to post something different.

Advertisement: