Reporting some minor problems with languages

Started by Liviu Lalescu, January 05, 2020, 01:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

Dear SMF,

I am using your forum software with great satisfaction. I want to report some minor things when I updated the languages from 2.0.15 to 2.0.17:

1) The Greek UTF-8 issued a nasty error, I had to edit the file index.greek-utf8.php. Line 444 is duplicate (minor thing) and after line 443 you need to add a ";" (more serious thing).

2) The Romanian UTF-8 index.romanian-utf8.php has minor things: line 441 refers to old http instead of https links and old year 2016. Also, uses in some places some old special characters s and t with cedilla under them, instead of correctly with comma under them (but in some places the good characters are used). s with comma is 0x219, while s with cedilla is 0x15F, and t with comma is 0x21B and t with cedilla is 0x163 (correct are ș and ț, with comma, not ş or ţ, with cedilla). I think you can do a search/replace in all the Romanian files (I am a programmer and did the same in my software).

m4z

"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

m4z

I've poked the translators of those languages.
--Homer Simpson

Liviu Lalescu

hugbear

Hi everyone, thanks or the heads-up.

The reported issues regarding index.romanian-utf8.php for 2.0 should be fixed now. I'm working on replacing ş / ţ with ș / ț in the rest of the files.

m4z

The language files are only packaged once a week for 2.0, so it might take a bit until it shows up. (I have the theoretical powers to trigger an immediate release, but have never done that, don't know the details, and probably won't have time to read the docs and actually do it within the next week. :-[)
--Homer Simpson

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you, hugbear!

m4z: The Romanian s/t cedilla/comma thing is a minor problem, it can certainly wait. But the Greek index file missing ";" is more problematic in my opinion, I needed to do a KDiff3 with the Romanian index file to notice the problem, and I got an unusable section of the admin (languages section) before I remedied the problem.

Please let me know: the update of the language file(s) will show in the admin section of my forum? Or do I need just to force reinstall in ~1 week?

d3vcho

You can wait around a week, download the language pack and install it again on your forum. Another option would be to overwrite your current language files.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

spiros

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

m4z

According to what has been posted here, yes. Everybody I poked fixed his part. ;)
--Homer Simpson

shawnb61

OK, then I'll close this out.  Thanks everyone!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Liviu Lalescu

Advertisement: