News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Redirect Support

Started by cwalsh, January 06, 2020, 11:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwalsh

Hello All,
I kind of inherited this site and it has a settings.php file in both the root and the SMF folder.
Having recently moved to SSL, we have finally got everything up and running but I seem to be having a clash between the Maintenance Mode in the root folder and the one in the SMF folder. When I go to clri.net [nofollow], I get a message that the forum is in Maintenance Mode, I can still log in though. As can other users. If I change the mode to 0 in the root folder settings.php, nobody can log in.
So in order to log in, I have to have the settings.php file in the root directory maintenance mode set to 1, and the settings.php file in the SMF folder set to 0.
I am guessing this is because the SSL redirect file is directing to clri.net [nofollow] instead of clri.net/smf [nofollow]. Am I correct in thinking that we should redirect to clri.net/smf [nofollow]?
If so, how can I change the redirect file to reflect this?
I used this redirect;

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

and it is added to the htaccess file in clri.net/web [nofollow] directory.

Could someone suggest a redirect so the site directs to clri.net/smf [nofollow] for now until I can find someone to help me clean up the mess. :)
If someone knows a reputable person that could help me on a pay per service agreement, it would be appreciated.
I hope I'm making this clear..
Cheers,
Colin

Advertisement: