Installed 2.0.16 but 2.0.15 is still indicated as current version

Started by CurtisS, January 09, 2020, 11:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurtisS

Hi all,
I was able to successfully install the 2.0.16 mod using Package Manager but the Administrator Center still indicates that the version is 2.0.15. In the Package Manager/Installed Packages, 2.0.16 is indicated as being installed. Do I needed to uninstall the previous versions. I guess I am missing something here or possibly it is a caching issue? I have been searching the forum but haven't come up with anything useful and of course I can't update to 2.0.17 until I get past this issue. Incidentally, I am still seeing the "Function create_function() is deprecated" error in my Logs which 2.0.16 was supposed to fix. This tells me it is not really installed.
Any suggestions?
Thanks much!
CurtisS

Shambles

CurtisS

Thanks for the response.
Clearing Cache had not effect. I did notice when going to Forum Maintenance and using "Check all files against current versions" that my Sources are indicated as version 2.0.12. Shouldn't this be indicating 2.0.16?
Thanks.
CurtisS

Kindred

depends on the files... some of them don't get updates and thus show an older version.

However, it is sounding like you have the "ghost update" issue.

On some servers. the tests pass, the system THINKS it can edit the files - so it shows no error with permissions.
However, the server silently rejects the edited files when the package manager attempts to save them. There are no errors generated - but no files are actually updates either.

Check to see if the code changes in the patch were actually made by looking in the files themselves
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CurtisS

Just taking a quick look at the file dates in the Sources folder, only file that has a recent date is the Load.php file. All others (besides the ~ backup files) show a date of Jan. 9, 2018 (or earlier). It looks like the files are not getting replaced.
Write permissions to the Sources folder is allowed.

Illori

that does not mean the files themselves are writable. you need to check each file.

Kindred

Yes, as Illori repeated and as I originally said

Quote from: Kindred on January 09, 2020, 11:51:07 AM
Check to see if the code changes in the patch were actually made by looking in the files themselves

do not just check the edit dates. check the CODE.

if it was not changed, you may require 664 or even 666 on the files and 775 or 777 on the directories
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CurtisS

Quote from: Illori on January 09, 2020, 02:12:38 PM
that does not mean the files themselves are writable. you need to check each file.
Thank you for this heads up, Illori. I did find that several of the root directory files did not allow writing. The update to 2.0.16 was successful after changing the permissions on those files.
Cheers!

Illori

CurtisS

Advertisement: