News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

update to 2.0.17 yesterday, today WSOD

Started by Dan_, January 09, 2020, 03:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyack

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2020, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: Dan_ on January 09, 2020, 07:11:37 PM
Mine started with "data_32"... but there were 75 or so dated either yesterday or today.  I deleted them but still get only white.See atachment.

Did you clear browser cache?

Yes, find the cache folder in your installation and delete all the files except .htaccess, index.php and the image folder.

Today I had an issue with my site (Error 500) and that was my solution.

Dan_

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2020, 12:12:02 PM
Did you clear browser cache?
Did not clear browser cache...  I restored from backup and noted the time of day the back ups are made.  I was lucky I did not start the patching until after that time.

My plan is to start with uninstalling simple portal, if that is not the culprit then I guess I will have to start at the top or bottom of the mod list so as not to miss anything.

Dan_

Quote from: Illori on January 10, 2020, 09:48:43 AM
if it is caused by the modSettings cache file, it is a known issue and our dev team is working on a fix for it. it just might take some time.
Would it be possible to delete that without problems..?
And thanks for everyone's help and all y'all do for the community. :D   

Kindred

you can clear the mod_ cache files with no problems.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bod22

if it is caused by the modSettings cache file, it is a known issue and our dev team is working on a fix for it. it just might take some time.

Do you think it may be the reason of my problem? if yes when do you plan to release the fix?

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571309.0

Illori

we are still working on a fix, i did not say it was fixed.

bod22

It's strange that everything works when a user is logged in at least in my case.

Do you at least know if it is a problem of 2.0.17, 2.0.16 or both updates? When I unisntall them, everything will work as it was before the updates?

efk

About post of Dan_ on first page with mods list, can we delete/uninstall his mods through his post? I mean I never saw something like this till now and not sure why did he post it like that, but on first look at post it seems possible to modify his forum.

Cruiser57

Hi,

there's the same Problem in this thread:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571249.0

By testing it, one member found out, it's a fault in the SQL-Database (prefix)_settings   
(for details look in the thread above)

Regards, Tom

Dan_

Quote from: efk on January 11, 2020, 03:37:27 PM
About post of Dan_ on first page with mods list, can we delete/uninstall his mods through his post? I mean I never saw something like this till now and not sure why did he post it like that, but on first look at post it seems possible to modify his forum.
Please don't try to hack my forum admin password... 

I should have loaded the copy/paste into Notepad++ and did a search/replace but missed the fact that the post had links in it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Requires admin login to use the links, but still not a good idea to post them.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dan_

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 11, 2020, 06:08:27 PM
Yes, no need to place temptation into idle hands...
I reported the post and asked that the links be edited out.  Dint we used to be able to edit/delete our own posts..?

I see that the modify Icon is only available for the last 3 of my posts for whatever reason.

efk

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 11, 2020, 06:08:27 PM
Entire post should be unlinked. I have on my forum "Add [nobbc] button" mod and it should be listed button on SMF forum as well for single touch solution for case like this one, or whenever necessary.

Edit: Forgot about 2 facts, topic creator was not able to edit anymore and button which I mentioned above only disable bbc, but if someone quote post links can be found there.

bod22

I uninstalled 2.0.17 and now the blank page disappeared. I hope you release the fix soon.

SpacePhoenix

If this is also happening on a staging/test server, try on the staging server to disable all mods then re-enable them one at a time, testing after each one is re-enabled

bod22

I'll try because it doesn't work on 2.0.16 too. I have these errors in my serwer error log referring to my main page.

mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer ...
End of script output before headers: index.php, referer ...

Dan_

Quote from: Dan_ on January 10, 2020, 05:19:26 PM
My plan is to start with uninstalling simple portal, if that is not the culprit then I guess I will have to start at the top or bottom of the mod list so as not to miss anything.

Ok,  I have an update and will mark this solved in a day or two so as to make sure of no more white screens.
I had a test installation already but alas it had the WSOD as does my test 2.1 install.  I followed the instructions on installing a fresh set of files and got it back.  Proceeded to install Simple Portal and tried the 2.0.16 patch --had the same failures in QueryString.php.  Uninstalled SP and 2.0.16 and .17 went through.  This SMF install had 3 mods other than smf patches.

Back to the live SMF and the SP uninstall there...   2.0.16 gave test failures, but not in QueryString.php.  The 2 failures were in Profile-Modify.php and Subs.php and these were find and replace edits instead of the find and add after like before, so I went ahead with the install and manually did the 2 edits.
Sitting pretty @ 2.0.17 and Simple Portal re installed with crossed fingers it will still be that way tomorrow. 
Thanks for all the help with this.   

bod22

How is it going with that fix? Do you plan to release it soon or we will have to wait for 2.0.18 with it?

Illori

it is still in progress. a fix has not yet been determined.

Advertisement: