News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Topic Solved

Started by Dave J, January 12, 2020, 04:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Following the recent updates to 2.0.16 I had to uninstall the mod, because of conflicts with the update, which was posted by [SiNaN] which hasn't had an update since 2014.

Is anyone working on anything similar please?
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

-Rock Lee-

What kind of mistakes does it show you? I am using it in smf 2.0.17 without problems...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Dave J

I have attached screen shots, appologies for the size but did them on my tablet
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

-Rock Lee-

That is because it does not find the necessary lines that can go through another modification I alter it but it can also be it does not detect it (it is a bot that can not differentiate yet) but it can do it manually ... I guess you already read this >>> How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Dave J

Hi

I am going to check again , but for some reason I thing that the code the mods is looking for has substantially changed and I'm not sure where to manually install it now.

As I say in the first post it was only a question to see if anyone is working on a modified version of the mod that's all.

Can't remember if this is a part of SMF2.1 or not either.

Kindred

it is not a part of 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave J

I have now tried to install again and maunally check the current files for the code that the mod wants to install.

Sources/Load:

My 'Load' file does not contain the code 'posts_count' => empty which means I have no idea where in the file to insert the code for the mod.

Sources/ModLog:

My file contains the code 'value' => $txt['modlog_' . ($context['log_type'] == 3 ? 'admin' : 'moderation') . '_log_desc'] but it now has updated code from the new 2.0.16 update added to the end of it, so I could attempt to add the code from the mod before the new 2.0.16 code but if I do will it have have any effect on the security code just installed?

I have attached both my 'Load' and 'Modlog' files

As far as the MessageIndex.template is concerned I can easily input that manually.

I would just like to say I'm sorry if this shouldn't be here, the thread did start with the genuine reason of asking the question. I am more than happy if you guys want to split off the posts after the question and move them to the mod thread.

Kindred

This really belongs in the support thread for the mod not general support
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave J

OK I have now edited the code and got it installed again. Thanks for your comments

Advertisement: