News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

smf bug

Started by danielrdp, January 12, 2020, 10:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielrdp

i'm trying to install the last version of smf and it always creates the full database but always there is missing some table, and in the end of the installation it don't let me access

some example:
i.gyazo.com/9ad57a122336db 7cbc375064edc2541f.png

now:

Table 'u347329947_kicks.qjy_messages' doesn't exist

after I reinstall, Table 'u347329947_kicks.qjy_messages' will exists, and some random other table will miss.

m4z

Maybe your hoster has a limit on script runtime, and the installer is killed before all tables are created?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Kindred

Definitely a host/server problem and not actually an smf bug
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matzek

Hi.

I have the same problem, tried several times to install SMF on a VPS (Debian 10, 4GB RAM) and yet tables were missing (last try Table 'smf_bti7n.lpj_messages' was missing).

IF it is an error on the server side and not a bug in the SMF installer, any idea, where I can look at or how I can solve that (repeat installation so that at the end all tables have been created or create them manually, but where do I get the data from?)?

Thank you for your help!
MatzeK

m4z

In your php.ini, max_execution_time is probably the most important (see f.e. here).
If you(r webserver) use(s) php-fpm, make sure to set it there, too.
And your webserver might have script timeout settings, too (f.e. in nginx, depending on how you use it, the following might be involved: fastcgi_read_timeout, proxy_*_timeout, send_timeout(?)).
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Matzek

Quote from: Matzek on January 16, 2020, 05:45:11 PM
.. have the same problem..

2.0.15 creates all tables
2.0.16 has same problems as 2.0.17, tables are missing.
..doesn't seem to be a problem on my server.

Matzek

Quote from: m4z on January 16, 2020, 05:58:31 PM
php.ini, max_execution_time
is 30, should be ok, no?! 2.0.15 installs in less than 15-20 seconds and everything is fine.

Quote from: m4z on January 16, 2020, 05:58:31 PM
If you(r webserver) use(s) php-fpm...
And .. script timeout settings, too (f.e. in nginx, depending on how you use it, the following might be involved: fastcgi_read_timeout, proxy_*_timeout, send_timeout(?)).
Where can I find the corresponding config files (Apache), what are their names?
Anyhow, thank you for your help so far!

Advertisement: