Problems after installing finnish language

Started by HendriXXX, January 12, 2020, 01:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HendriXXX

Hi.

I have little community forum with SMF 2.1 rc2 installed. Today I installed Finnish language pack to it and couple of problems came up.

- forum posts count is wrong when Finnish language pack is activated. When I put english back, count is right again.

- When finnish lang is activated, top bar "sing up" link stops working. When I click it I get following error in finnish..
Virhe!
Tämä jakso ei ole käytettävissä tällä hetkellä, anteeksi.

Luckily that other (lower button with key icon) one still works.

Does anyone have never experienced same behavior? Any suggestions how to get those fixed?

Second problem could be fixed temporarily by hide that "sign up" link. However I didn't find what file to edit..

Thanks in advance.

HendriXXX

Seems like that top bar "sign up" follows "..index.php?action=signup" link. Same link is used in lower "sign up" button too.

But when I change language to Finnish, that top bar "sign up" (Rekisteröidy in Finnish) has "..index.php?action=register" as link.
I think that is the reason. Maybe that error is that smf is telling some 404- not page found or something..  ::)

Where I can find that file where I can fix that link for finnish language. I have been tryin to find it but no luck so far..

Dzonny

Hey there and thanks for reporting the problem.

For the language problem, I can confirm that in Finnish language there is outdated links, like you found.
Please open languages/index.finish.php and find following strings:

$txt['welcome_guest']
I believe this should be changed to:
Tervetuloa, <strong>%1$s</strong>. Ole hyvä ja <a href="%3$s" onclick="%4$s">kirjaudu</a>.

$txt['welcome_guest_register']
'Tervetuloa keskustelualueelle <strong>%2$s</strong>. Ole hyvä ja <a href="%3$s" onclick="%4$s">kirjaudu sisään</a> tai <a href="%5$s">rekisteröidy</a>.'

$txt['please_login']
'Ole hyvä ja <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">kirjaudu sisään</a>.'

$txt['login_or_register']
'Ole hyvä ja <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">kirjaudu</a> tai <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">rekisteröidy</a>.'

I just made those changes in official 2.1 translation, but you may need to wait a while before it's updated on our downloads page, so I'm suggesting to make these changes manually in file.

Please let me know if this fixed the problem and if proposed changes are correct.

Thank you!
Dzonny

HendriXXX

Thanks for your response. I did get it working in my test forum, just before I saw your reply.  :)

Seems like I did it a bit different. I may have done too much changes, because I replaced all "register" with "signup".

Themes/default/languages/Errors.finnish.php

//action=register to action=signup
$txt['login_to_post'] = 'Voidaksesi lähettää viestejä, sinun täytyy olla kirjautuneena sisälle. Jos sinulla ei ole tunnuksia, ole hyvä ja <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=signup">rekisteröidy</a>.';

Themes/default/languages/index.finnish.php

//register to signup
$txt['signup'] = 'Rekisteröidy';

$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Tervetuloa, <strong>%1$s</strong>. Ole hyvä ja <a href="\' . $scripturl . \'?action=login">kirjaudu</a> tai <a href="\' . $scripturl . \'?action=signup">rekisteröidy</a>.';

$txt['welcome_guest_register'] = 'Tervetuloa keskustelualueelle <strong>'. $context['forum_name']. '</strong>. Ole hyvä ja <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">kirjaudu sisään</a> tai <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=signup">rekisteröidy</a>.';

$txt['login_or_register'] = 'Ole hyvä ja <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">kirjaudu</a> tai <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=signup">rekisteröidy</a>.'  ;

It seems to work now.
Is there any possible issues because what I did? I have not any programming skills, just trial and error..  ;D

Thanks!

Dzonny

Hey there again,

Yeah, that is correct, though I used different syntax because we do that way in English language, and we need to keep consistency. You changes will work as well, so no problems :)

HendriXXX

Ok, thanks!  :)

I have also another issue with Finnish language pack. Please tell if I should open new topic for this..

Forum posts count resets (bottom page) if I turn finnish language on. However, I can see right posts count when click "Forum Stats".
When I turn English back on, posts count is right again. NOTICE! only posts count is affected. Topics and users count stays right with both languages.

Thanks!

Dzonny

No need to start new topic for that. :)

Okay, what does the post count shows when you change to Finnish?
Does it show something like:
Quote0 Posts in 454,011 Topics by 424,984 Members. Latest Member: buggybien
Can you send your forums URL? Or make a printscreen?

HendriXXX

Ok, thanks!

In english it says:
2,876 Posts in 134 Topics by 248 Members - Latest Member: Jesse

In finnish:
2 viestiä 134 aiheessa 248 käyttäjältä - Uusin jäsen: Jesse

Forum url if you wanna check yourself  :)
http://imghost.kicks-ass.org/foorumi/

Dzonny

Okay, got it.

Open index.finnish.php and find:
$txt['boardindex_total_posts'] = '%1$d viestiä %2$d aiheessa %3$d käyttäjältä';
change it to:
$txt['boardindex_total_posts'] = '%1$s viestiä %2$s aiheessa %3$s käyttäjältä';

Let me know if this fixed the problem. :)

HendriXXX

Oh, yeah! It works! Thank you very much!  :)

I have one more bigger problem, it's about site cookies. I opened another thread for it yesterday. I am a bit lost with that, do you have any ideas for it?

Dzonny

That's great to hear! I'm marking this topic as solved in that case.

Regards the other topic: Let's keep the discussion about that in that topic. I saw it but as I don't really have that much experience with support in 2.1 version, someone from support team or someone more experienced will answer shortly :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thanks for the heads up - and thanks Dzonny for the speedy response.

It is completely possible that we have some outdated links and similar issues in some of the language packs for 2.1, as they are largely still a work in progress just as is 2.1 itself :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: