News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Two issues with RC2?

Started by Douglas, January 13, 2020, 07:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

Pretty sure these have been fixed, however, searching on both SMF and GitHub isn't revealing much.

* I'm seeing that posts that contain apostrophes are outputting with slashes. (addslashes/stripslashes issue)

* Clicking "New" to go to the newest reply is putting people at the first post in the thread.

If these two issues have been reported/resolved, I apologize for the clutter.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Illori

I know the second issue has since been resolved.

the first issue I have not seen myself nor seen reported by anyone.

Douglas

I just tested issue #1 (attaching screen shot).

Used the standard RC2 package available publicly. Only changes that were made was to rename index.php to forums.php, and to Sources/QueryString.php so that I can run the forums in an iframe.

There's one other change I made to a child theme (index.template.php), however, that doesn't have anything to do with the slashes being added (it's a javascript deal (see my tips and tricks post)).
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)

Douglas

Has there been any movement on the slashes issue?
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Illori

i dont think so. you could report it in the bugs board or on github, but i dont recall anyone else having that issue so it might be hard to fix.

i tried to duplicate it on my test install and i cant.

Sir Osis of Liver

Doesn't happen to me either with today's github package.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

m4z

I couldn't reproduce either, with an install that was running rc2 for a long time, and is currently running a Github version from mid-December. Never seen the issue; suspecting a mod.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Shambles

Did you use one of the SMF converters?  When I converted from punBB to SMF I also got those slashes.

Douglas

Reply #2 outlines exactly how this site is configured. It was upgraded from a 1.0.14 SMF installation.

Thinking out loud here... PHP 7.3 box... if certain Apache/PHP modules are not loaded, is the slashes function a fall-back function?
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Illori

do you recall if the posts with that slashes issue existed before the upgrade? if they did, did they have this issue?

do posts after the upgrade have this issue?

if they are posts from before the upgrade then maybe there is an issue with the upgrade.

Douglas

The issue did not exist before the upgrade.  The test post I did in reply #2 was done after the upgrade.

Side note: I'm going to do a fresh install of SMF 2.1 on a different server... if the issue doesn't exist there, I'll do a phpinfo() on both boxes to compare the configurations to see if I can spot anything missing.
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Douglas

Okay, so now I'm running this test forum configured exactly the same way as the other site... and cannot reproduce the issue.

Going to re-upload ALL source files from the new site over to the other site and see if that fixes the issue.

Didn't fix the issue... I'm at a loss here...

I did a phpinfo() and compared the two configurations... aside from some minor (but expected) differences, they're identical. They both have the same PHP.ini configs and aside from three Apache modules (which have nothing to do with PHP), Apache is configured the same.

Since I can't give access to the private forum, I'll have to grab whatever info is requested and share it here. Would definitely appreciate any insight people have. :)
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

SychO

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Douglas

Quote from: DouglasUsed the standard RC2 package available publicly. Only changes that were made was to rename index.php to forums.php, and to Sources/QueryString.php so that I can run the forums in an iframe.

There's one other change I made to a child theme (index.template.php), however, that doesn't have anything to do with the slashes being added (it's a javascript deal (see my tips and tricks post)).

Just to re-confirm, http://test.fearlessfriday.com/ is running the *exact* same configuration as the site I'm having issues with (SMF and customizations). The FF site is not experiencing any issues (I fixed the "new reply" link, thank you!).
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Advertisement: