2.0.15 --> 2.0.17 failed

Started by ctr, January 13, 2020, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctr

I am trying to upgrade from 2.015 to 2.017, I get this error:

Executing: "Changing column names." (1 of 42)
!!Error!
Unknown Error!

I am on PHP Version 5.6.0, MySQL 5.0.11-dev

Can you please offer advice on how to finish the upgrade?

Thank you

Kindred

Don't upgrade like that.

Just upgrade using the patches
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ctr

I used the Large Upgrade after reading this info right above the files:
Upgrading from an earlier branch (SMF 2.0.16 or below)? No problem, this is what you need. This archive will upgrade/reset your forum to a clean install of the latest version and will remove all modifications.

I've used your software for a long time now, this is the first failure I've had, and also the first time I decided not to do a backup.

Is this something that can be fixed?  If not I'll need to ask out IT people to get me backup files.

Thank you

Illori

if you don't have a backup ask your host if they do.

ctr

Quote from: Illori on January 14, 2020, 08:12:04 AM
if you don't have a backup ask your host if they do.

They will, it's self hosted, we're a large hospital system, my lab has used this for a long time.

So there's no way to repair the current upgrade?  I followed the directions trying to upgrade from 15 to 17.  If I get the backup, should I not try to upgrade again?

Thank you

Illori

did you have any mods installed?

if not then you are good as you are just delete upgrade.php and the sql files and run your forum as it was before. you may need to take it out of maintenance mode.

if you had mods get it restored and follow https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

ctr

Quote from: Illori on January 14, 2020, 08:19:10 AM
did you have any mods installed?

if not then you are good as you are just delete upgrade.php and the sql files and run your forum as it was before. you may need to take it out of maintenance mode.

if you had mods get it restored and follow https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

No mods, no themes.  Your suggestion worked!

Thank you!

Advertisement: