News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Smf as fb style app

Started by anakmacan, January 14, 2020, 06:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anakmacan

I think itd be interesting to have fb lookalike app but its smf

Looking

Without specifics I'm not sure what you are after but you can start here; Mod about Facebook.

Kindred

Facebook UI was programmed by drunk monkeys. why would anyone ever want to recreate that?

The one person who made his site look like facebook also introduced HUGE numbers of issues
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Neol

SMF is a forum and FB a Social Network. You can't create e social network with e forum script. They are two different worlds.

vbgamer45

There were some Facebook like themes made before in the past.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

anakmacan

Fb app's convenient. No need to scroll the screen left and right, fast to upload photo, comment, video.

live627

The speed of content uploads are only as fast as the network's slowest device, or more commonly, the speed at which an ISP "graciously" lets you have, provided you pay up.

FB uses a trick on the front end to make it seem faster... dhtml/ajax.

Here's hoping that SMF 2.0 can become mobile friendly soon.

Kindred

2.0 is as mobile friendly as its going to get.
development on 2.0.x is in maintenance mode which means fixing critical issues and applying security and other similar updates (like GDPR)

the 2.0.x default theme will not be receiving any updates.
There is the repsonsive-curve mod and at least a dozen responsive themes available for 2.0 which makes the forum mostly responsive.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: