News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Changing default text colour for the Curve 2 theme from black to X

Started by LankyBM, January 14, 2020, 10:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LankyBM

Hello all,

First of all, I am sorry if this question has been asked - I have been searching for the last hour, and came up blank for a result...

I am new to the SMF world, and set up a simple website (using SMF 2.1 RC2). I have been able to change the default colours of the blocks, background etc... using a mod (Curve2 Color Changer), which is exactly what I needed (the background is required to be a darker colour to meet a certain colour scheme).

However, I cant find any simple way of changing the base text from black to any other colour (an off-white would be great). To be specific, I refer to the menus, the forum posts, topic headlines etc.. they are all in a standard black colour.

I attempted to use the Inspector tool, and found out that changing one part would change multiple other areas (I think?), which is fine... however, that is as far as I have got. I know that it is somewhere in the index.css file, but I have been unable to find it despite playing around for a while. I have not changed anything else from the standard Curve 2 theme, so I hope someone will be able to pin point it in a few seconds and without much effort!

Thanks in advance!!

/Sam

Sir Osis of Liver

The overall text color is here -

index.css

body {
background: #e9eef2;
font: 83.33%/150% "Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, "Liberation Sans", sans-serif;
color: #4d4d4d;
display: flex;
flex-direction: column;
min-height: 100vh;
}

That won't affect link colors.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

LankyBM

Thanks for the reply - I change it to as following (which should be an off-white if I am correct);

body {
   background: #e9eef2;
   font: 83.33%/150% "Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, "Liberation Sans", sans-serif;
   color: #f9e9e9;
   display: flex;
   flex-direction: column;
   min-height: 100vh;
}

however, this appears to have changed nothing, at least from what I can tell.... attached a picture of the output for clarification of what I try to change.

LankyBM

could this be down to the fact I am using the following mod (Curve2 Color Changer)?

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4231

I tried to uninstall the mod, and then try this again, but it still did not "do" anything, from what I can tell.

Shambles

Did you refresh your browsers cache?  That wouild be ctrl+F5 if using Windows.

Hatshepsut

Quote from: LankyBM on January 14, 2020, 10:58:12 AM
Hello all,

First of all, I am sorry if this question has been asked - I have been searching for the last hour, and came up blank for a result...

I am new to the SMF world, and set up a simple website (using SMF 2.1 RC2). I have been able to change the default colours of the blocks, background etc... using a mod (Curve2 Color Changer), which is exactly what I needed (the background is required to be a darker colour to meet a certain colour scheme).

However, I cant find any simple way of changing the base text from black to any other colour (an off-white would be great). To be specific, I refer to the menus, the forum posts, topic headlines etc.. they are all in a standard black colour.

I attempted to use the Inspector tool, and found out that changing one part would change multiple other areas (I think?), which is fine... however, that is as far as I have got. I know that it is somewhere in the index.css file, but I have been unable to find it despite playing around for a while. I have not changed anything else from the standard Curve 2 theme, so I hope someone will be able to pin point it in a few seconds and without much effort!

Thanks in advance!!

/Sam

You can change base text color by using 'Curve 2 color changer' mod.
Look for "Foreground color" option in Admin panel => Configuration => Current Theme

LankyBM

Thanks for the feedback! No idea how I missed that in the mod... did the trick perfectly!

Of course, it threw up another small issue... now the calendar has white background text... and it's hard to see the options. Is there a way to just change the calendar colours?

Advertisement: