News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[2.0.16] Authorization from the second time.

Started by User2, January 14, 2020, 01:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

User2

Hello. I have version 2.0.17.
If a forum user has a login in Russian, then the user cannot log in to the forum the first time. If the username is in English, then it can.
After the first attempt, a message appears: Invalid password.

There was no such problem before. I do not know at what point the problem appeared, perhaps after installing version 2.0.17. Before that, it was 2.0.15.

Herman's Mixen

probaly you need patch 2.0.15 into 2.0.16 => 2.0.17 ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

User2

I don't have a patch installed. I did a Large Upgrade. But it didn't set up either. I just copied the Large Upgrade files to the hosting and deleted the installation files.

Kindred

if you used the large upgrade, you should have run the upgrade.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

User2

I don't have a patch or large upgrade installed - errors occur.
I would like to set up a forum from scratch and transfer the existing data to it, but I do not know how to do it or if it is possible at all. As I understand it, this is a super task for smf, because no one can write anything about it on the forum.

Kindred

Quote from: Participant on January 14, 2020, 01:51:16 PM
I don't have a patch installed. I did a Large Upgrade. But it didn't set up either. I just copied the Large Upgrade files to the hosting and deleted the installation files.

you said that you used the large upgrade

by using the large upgrade, you essentially did "set up the forum from scratch with imported dat"
you just missed the last step --- which is run upgrade.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2020, 07:06:02 AM
you just missed the last step --- which is run upgrade.php

but given that there were no database changes, you don't need to run upgrade.php. you do though need to clear any hooks that may have been in use.

take a look at https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

User2

Kindred, I was running the upgrade.php. The update installer was running. At one of the steps, an error occurs and the installation does not reach the end.

Illori, I have a problem with switching from one version to the new one.

Illori

I am sorry that is very confusing. you are mixing terms. can you tell us step by step what you have done? an upgrade does not have an installer as part of it in anyway.

User2

I did according to this instruction: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading
During installation, an error occurred at the "Database Changes" step: Unknown Error.

Illori

but above you said you deleted installation files, there are no installation files in the upgrade package.

please explain step by step what you have done so we know the current state of your install.

User2

By installation files I mean this: upgrade.php. Quote from the link I posted earlier:
The final step in upgrading SMF, is to run the upgrading tool. Navigate with your browser to the upgrade.php file (it can be found in the directory where SMF is located) and run the upgrade, for example: www.yourdomain.com/forum/upgrade.php.

Illori

for a test, can you register another account here with a username that has the issue from your forum and see if you can log in without issue?

if you do run into issues please provide the link to that users profile.

User2

Illori

link to that profile that has the issue?

Illori

I think this may be a bug we need to look into further.

shawnb61

Participant -

I cannot reproduce the error where you are required to log in twice. 

What theme are you using?  Does this issue happen when you use the SMF default theme - Curve?

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

User2

shawnb61, the error also occurs on this forum.
On this forum I use the "SMF Default Theme".

In General, I do not understand how to find out what my theme is. Very confusing done. But I guess I have a default theme.

shawnb61

I have since been able to reproduce this. 

Logged internally as issue #133.

Thanks for the report. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

live627

I fix one bug and create another. Damn. Savage.

Ulibka

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 19, 2020, 10:13:54 PM
I believe the fix outlined here will resolve this problem:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571082.msg4042818#msg4042818

I'm have same problem.
User with russain letter need to print password twice.
If user and password have only english letters - all work ok.

I'm have SMF 2.017, all tables in UTF-8, language = Russian
I'm do initial installation using SMF 2.017 install and old database.
After installation I'm convert all database tables to UTF8.
and run upgrade.php

Theme is Japanes Red from this site.

I'm patch script.js as described above.

Test site:
https://woodtools.site/index.php

User: test2020
Password: 1234
login - OK

User name in russian letters:
User: Рамза
Password: 12345

In this case user must fill login and password twice.
You can check it byself.
Login in upper left corner

Separet login button have name : Вход

shawnb61

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 19, 2020, 10:13:54 PM
I believe the fix outlined here will resolve this problem:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571082.msg4042818#msg4042818

Ulibka - the solution to your problem was 2 posts above your post.

EDIT:  You may need to force a refresh for that page on your browser.  Usually shift-F5, or shift-refresh.  Otherwise the new .js doesn't get loaded, you are still using the old one. 

Ulibka

I'm edit script.js exactly as you described :)
But nothing changes.
I make picture from chrome dev tools:

If I'm try to login :
User name in russian letters:
User: Рамза
Password: 12345

first login: invalid password,
second login: ok

I'm see login form - it's the same as default theme.

shawnb61

Did you refresh your browser as specified above?

Old version of script.js is likely cached.

Ulibka

Quote from: shawnb61 on June 05, 2020, 08:38:00 PM
Did you refresh your browser as specified above?

Old version of script.js is likely cached.

Yes, it is.
I'm publish photo from chrome dev tools - you can see that code was changed.

shawnb61

I have confirmed that the above fix works fine on a vanilla 2.0.17 install with the user ID and password you have provided.

You have something else going on...

Initial guess is that there is an issue with your UTF8 implementation somewhere. 

I would ensure that:
- All ***columns*** are utf8_general_ci; not just tables, look at the columns
- In your settings table, global_character_set is set to: 'UTF-8'
- In settings.php, you see the row for: $db_character_set = 'utf8';

If all of the above is true, you have some deeper problem somewhere...  You need to try all vanilla code + the fix above in a test environment.

shawnb61

User2

shawnb61

This issue was fixed.

Make sure yoir copy of script.js is current.

Sometimes you need to do a hard refresh on your browser to reload the current one.  (Shift-f5)

User2

Quote:
Make sure yoir copy of script.js is current.

I just installed the Patch from the Admin.
(Shift-f5) did not help.

User2

Clearing history, cache and everything else of the browser helped.

Advertisement: