Lost Admin access to a mod, error displayed, and more ...

Started by RFD, January 15, 2020, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFD

forum is  SMF 2.0.13 release.  the theme is 'grasslands1'.

i wanted to update the 'simple audio video embedder' mod and when i deleted the older 4.1 version the results created havoc with the theme with lost theme icons.  it also removed access to another installed mod, 'global headers and footers' - the mod works, but i have no access to its controls, it's as if it was also deleted, which it wasn't. 

reloaded the theme backup fixed everything but now when entering admin the icons were missing and i get this up at the screen top ...

$txt['hover_length'] = 'Length of the message preview on hover'; $txt['hover_characters'] = 'characters';

... the /images folder for the grasslands1 theme was missing, i replaced that folder and the admin icons are back.

what's left that's a problem is that the 'global header footer' mod shows in the packages but i have no access to it, the 'simple audio video embedder' mod is not show in packages, but i have access to it via 'admin', but the icons are missing.  and then there's that screen message that pops up when entering admin.

please help.

vbgamer45

Attach your themes/default/lanaguages/modificatoins.english.php

Or look inside that file and find ?>
And move all the way to the end of the file.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

RFD

vbgamer45

That file looks ok.
Do you have any other Modifications.*.php file?

Looking for the file that has "$txt['hover_characters'] = 'characters'; "  in it. Check your other themes languages folder as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

the attached image shows what's in Themes.  only the default has a modifications php file.

RFD

vbgamer45

Looks like my last reply didn't get posted.
Do you have any other modifications.*.php files in any of the themes

If not you would have to search your language files for "$txt['hover_characters'] = 'characters';

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RFD

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 15, 2020, 11:03:15 AM
Looks like my last reply didn't get posted.
Do you have any other modifications.*.php files in any of the themes

If not you would have to search your language files for "$txt['hover_characters'] = 'characters';

in the Themes subdir, only the default theme has a languages subdir and none of the .php files within have the above string.

Shambles

RFD

Quote from: Shambles on January 15, 2020, 12:55:49 PM
Look in Themes/default/languages/Admin.english.php

yes, it's there, at the last line of that file ....

//Tapatalk
$txt['tapatalktitle'] = 'Tapatalk Settings';
$txt['tp_general_settings'] = 'General';
$txt['tp_other_settings'] = 'Others';
$txt['tp_board_settings'] = 'Boards';
$txt['tp_iar_settings'] = 'In App Registration';
$txt['tp_rebranding_settings'] = 'Rebranding Settings';?>
$txt['hover_length'] = 'Length of the message preview on hover';
$txt['hover_characters'] = 'characters';

Illori

Quote$txt['tp_rebranding_settings'] = 'Rebranding Settings';?>

move that ?> to the end of the file.

RFD

Quote from: Illori on January 15, 2020, 01:50:36 PM
Quote$txt['tp_rebranding_settings'] = 'Rebranding Settings';?>

move that ?> to the end of the file.

perfect, eliminated the error message, thank you!

what's left is gaining access to the 'global header footer' mod that's missing from the configuration menu.  the mod is listed in the packages, the header changes i had previously created are still viable and seen within the forum, i just have no access to the controls of that 'global header footer' mod to make changes to the forum header area.

Shambles

RFD

Shambles

The menu item should be between the "Server Settings" and "Current Theme" items in the Admin>Configuration menu. Do you see it there?

EDIT: you said it doesn't. Check your error log.

RFD

Quote from: Shambles on January 15, 2020, 02:44:11 PM
The menu item should be between the "Server Settings" and "Current Theme" items in the Admin>Configuration menu. Do you see it there?

EDIT: you said it doesn't. Check your error log.

from the error log - it appears to be about the global/header/footer mod ...

Kindred

If you deleted a mod without uninstalling it 1st and then attempted to install a new version of the mod, you put your system in a badd state with probable duplicate code.

At this point you probably have partial installations of mods. Your best bet is to install a clean set of code, and then re install mods one at a time
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RFD

the mod ('simple audio video embedder') was first uninstalled before attempting to install the newer version, which failed.

Quote...Your best bet is to install a clean set of code, ......

which code, reinstall a mod or SMF release? 

Sir Osis of Liver

Hey, Rob, did you fix this?  You're running 2.0.15 and showing Simple Audio Video installed.  Older version may not have uninstalled cleanly and borked new install.  None of my access works, look in /Packages/backups/, see if there's a backup before the uninstall.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

RFD

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 15, 2020, 10:44:08 PM
Hey, Rob, did you fix this?  You're running 2.0.15 and showing Simple Audio Video installed.  Older version may not have uninstalled cleanly and borked new install.  None of my access works, look in /Packages/backups/, see if there's a backup before the uninstall.

i think yer looking at tradgang and not bpgang ....

Sir Osis of Liver

Fixed the mod, theme looks ok, anything still broken?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

RFD

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 16, 2020, 05:52:31 PM
Fixed the mod, theme looks ok, anything still broken?

themes/default/images was missing the grassland1 theme admin images.  just loaded them up.  so far, it all looks good.

thank you so much SOL!

r.

Advertisement: