Privacy Policy is not a text file in web root

Started by Kolya, January 18, 2020, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolya

Hey, quick question: The registration agreement gets saved to the web root as a text file, even in different language versions, eg agreement.english_british-utf8.txt
However I couldn't find the privacy policy text there?

It would be useful having it alongside the agreement because I am linking to these legal texts from the footer of my forum.

Illori

if you have GDPR enabled in 2.0.17 it should add a link in your footer that includes the agreement and privacy policy text.

MobileCS

When GDPR is enabled, where can I find a list of all the features and settings it added?

Kolya

Quote from: Illori on January 18, 2020, 11:25:27 AM
if you have GDPR enabled in 2.0.17 it should add a link in your footer that includes the agreement and privacy policy text.

I have enabled the settings to require the agreement letter and accept the privacy policy when registering. Is there another setting related to GDPR? (Admin search yields nothing.)
I should say that I have a custom theme, so the link may not have been added to that. However I didn't see the footer links you mention when I switched to the Core theme either. So guess there must be another setting that I'm missing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the GDPR setting and got the footer link.

Kolya

Meh. It says "Registration Agreement" above the terms of service now. But the terms of service do not only apply to registered members, but to guests as well.

Advertisement: