News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is there database change between 2.0.12 and 2.0.17?

Started by waste2, January 20, 2020, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waste2

Title says it all. Is there database change between 2.0.12 and 2.0.17? It could be also useful for someone to explain how to find this out so, next time, I can check by myself. Thank you.

Illori

once a release gets to final release there are no database changes made.

there are no changes to the database structure between 2.0 and 2.0.17.

Sir Osis of Liver

Weren't there changes to 1.1 after final?  And I believe there was one change around 2.0.6 that affected mime_type in smf_attachments, it caused problems on two or three forums I worked on (iirc).
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

efk

He is probably getting random database error with note like:

QuoteNote: It appears that your database may require an upgrade.
Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.10.
The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

QuoteNote: It appears that your database may require an upgrade.
Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.14.
The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

When you see it again, copy entire info about error and ask for info, also check in my topics when I reported problems, with that Note part https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=581160

waste2

Hm? I am not getting any errors. I've asked to prepare myself for upgrade and migration at the same time. Thank you for answers.

Advertisement: