News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error When loading new .16

Started by burd, January 20, 2020, 06:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burd

This error come up when trying to upload new update.
Who'd a know'd the better

burd

Dzonny

Hello there!

It would be good if you can attach that file and write a list of your installed mods. Most likely some of the mods is causing update to fail, but nothing that can't be fixed though.

burd

Dzonny

Yes, thank you. Can you attach your Profile-modify.php file here?

burd

Dzonny

You should download it from your server through FTP client, or by using File Manager in cPanel, from Sources directory, and attach it here to your post.

RoadRanger

Shambles

Quote from: RoadRanger on January 21, 2020, 04:40:05 PM
I have the same exact error  :-\

Then you should do the same exact thing (probably in your own same exact topic ;))

Sir Osis of Liver

You can edit the file manually, then proceed with the install.  Click the edit widget left side of Profile-Modify.php, it will display the target code and replacement code.  You should be able to find target code, it'll be a little different, then make the edit per replacement code.  Backup the file before you change it.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

burd

I get this.  I'm not sure what to do.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Click on the edit icon left of the error file (see attached), it will display target code and replacement code.  The target code has been modified, usually by another mod, so package manager doesn't find an exact match, but you should be able to find it and make the necessary edit manually  Then you can proceed with the upgrade if that's the only error.

- R. Waters

Kindred

that's exactly what the link I gave says to do... :P

It's a frequently ask question so the FAQ standardizes the answer. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, it does, but I gave the short version in my earlier post and it apparently didn't help, so the faq probably won't either.  Tried again with image.  (Not much else to do while importing 1.2 gb database on balky server. :P)

- R. Waters

Shambles

You guys are worryingly giving each other too much of the tongue icon  :o

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

burd

I can't seem to add that extra
I'm still can not complete the update.