News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error logs

Started by mattdanzig, February 03, 2020, 04:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattdanzig

I posted this already in the wrong section so I hope a mod can delete that for me please. I've added text to this screenshot. As you can see I'm getting a lot of error codes. I thought updating to 2.0.17 would fix the problem (as it did some others) but obviously not. Any suggestions. Sorry if a solution has already been found. I've got a lot on my plate right now and haven't had the time to search the forums. Thanks

d3vcho

Those logs are probably from other mods. If you watch closely, there's one saying "Type of error: SimpleDesk".

What mods do you have installed in your forum? What PHP version are you using?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

vbgamer45

One of them is just get the newest version of the Likes mod from the mod site. I fixed that error a few weeks back.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mattdanzig

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 03, 2020, 07:14:57 AM
One of them is just get the newest version of the Likes mod from the mod site. I fixed that error a few weeks back.
I just found that new update about a minute before  posted this lol.

Quote from: d3vcho(); on February 03, 2020, 04:55:03 AM
Those logs are probably from other mods. If you watch closely, there's one saying "Type of error: SimpleDesk".
What mods do you have installed in your forum? What PHP version are you using?
I'll be back with some more info shortly

Thx

mattdanzig

Hi again so I went back and found moostly all are simpledesk errors but I have no idea how to fix tem. I deleted every mod I have except the ones it would give me an error on and suggesting i shouldn't delete them. Coincedently they are Simple desk mods. I'm getting 1000 a day. 75 % are Simple desk and the other is from list additional groups. I just deleted as I was getting frustrated and then couldn't uninstall of course bc it was deleted. I then re-downloaded and the uninstall seemed to work but the error is still there even though the mod is gone. Here is an almost live look at the error page right now. the total errors since my last post here and a list of the mods I have installed and will not allow me to uninstall them. Well it highly suggests I don't so I haven't lol

Bobby

Go to your phpMyadmin --> your database --> smf_settings --> search for "intergrate_buffer" --> remove "shd_buffer_replace" value.
Maybe it works!

mattdanzig

Nothing in those search terms comes up. Now no one can register I have to do it manually and even then its telling me I can't register with a vpn. (i have the block vpn/proxy mod. thing is no one is trying to use a proxy. I don't have one and neither have the people trying to register. 1000 error messages a day, no one can register and mods I can't delete. It may be time for me to try a different forum. Thanks for trying to help I appreciate it. Regards FOT

m4z

You're blaming the forum software for a broken mod. As others said before, it might be a SimpleDesk issue ("shd" could stand for "simple help desk"). Maybe ask in the mod support thread or their site?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Kindred

your best bet may be to remove all mods. Confirm that it works... then install mods one by one until it fails -- then you know which mod caused the failure

alternatively, do exactly that on a test installation/subdomain.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mattdanzig

Quote from: m4z on February 12, 2020, 08:58:43 AM
You're blaming the forum software for a broken mod. As others said before, it might be a SimpleDesk issue ("shd" could stand for "simple help desk"). Maybe ask in the mod support thread or their site?
I'm not blaming anything on anyone but myself. If I move to any forum it'll be because it looks like I'm unable to figure out how to fix small things like this. So why not try and find one that is more suitable for my level.... below retarded...obviously.
Quote from: Kindred on February 12, 2020, 09:29:39 AM
your best bet may be to remove all mods. Confirm that it works... then install mods one by one until it fails -- then you know which mod caused the failure

alternatively, do exactly that on a test installation/subdomain.

The mods I have left will not allow me to uninstall them. I get the error message warning me not to install them to be more clear. I will try to remove any themes first and retry. Thanks for the help btw

Sir Osis of Liver

Upload a clean set of files, reinstall mods one at a time and check for errors.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mattdanzig

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 14, 2020, 09:32:32 PM
Upload a clean set of files, reinstall mods one at a time and check for errors.

Well now I've surely done it. Fml. This happened after uninstalling a mod [nofollow] Now I'm unsure how to restore my data base. Sigh

Can't do anything else. Only page I can open. A2 support is busy with other things obviously and my members are in the dark.

Illori

you dont need database access to fix this. you would need to manually uninstall the mod or you can restore the backup you took before you installed the mod.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/A_mod_broke_my_forum

mattdanzig

Quote from: Illori on February 23, 2020, 04:23:09 PM
you dont need database access to fix this. you would need to manually uninstall the mod or you can restore the backup you took before you installed the mod.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/A_mod_broke_my_forum
That is how i got her in the first place. Uninstalling a mod. Lol. Thank you for your time btw. Ok but this screenshot is the only page i can get too. All links redirect to this. Can i uninstall SMF and reinstall a clean version and then add my data base back up to that ? Or can i install a fresh version in a sub domain even and direct taffic there until i fix the old version? I do believe i need a fresh install anyway as i was getting 3000 error msgs a day as shown before in my previous post. Again thanks and I'm really busy today out in the back yard. I will get back to your next reply asap. I need to fix this but am jumbing a lot of irl crap as well.

Edit: My apologies. I should hav clicked on link first. I will try that immediately
Edit 2: All srbackup folders are empty

I will wait for further instructions. I'm obviously way to retarded to figure this out.
Bahahahha

Illori

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

if you do install mods back, be sure to make a backup before you install them.

Advertisement: