News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Package Manager does not download packages

Started by usalabs, February 14, 2020, 06:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usalabs

I installed a fresh, clean installation of SMF v2.0.17 and everything with exception to what was setup initially, is default, then I tried to use the package manager to download and install the SMF download system, but all I got was:-

Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable.

Which they are, I used world writable 777 recursively on the Packages directory (chmod -R 777 Packages) and I still get that same error, with all packages I try to download and install, I even tried re-installing and setting up another clean install of SMF and I still get the same error, oh and the log files for both php and Apache don't show any errors relating to the package manager problem.

Illori

are you downloading the mod from our mod site and having the package manager upload/install it? if not that is the preferred method to get it installed.

do you have a temp folder in the packages folder?

usalabs

Quote from: Illori on February 14, 2020, 07:46:07 AM
are you downloading the mod from our mod site and having the package manager upload/install it? if not that is the preferred method to get it installed.

do you have a temp folder in the packages folder?

Yes I have a temp folder inside Packages folder and it's world writable (chmod 777)

What I did was:-

Login as admin
Hover over Admin link and click on Package Manager
Click on 'Download Packages
Under Package Servers click on 'Browse' at the end of 'Simple Machines Third-party Mod site'
Click on 'View the 274 mods in this section.' in the first section under New Features
Scroll and click on 'Download' next to Download System

Then get the error:-

"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable."

The URL that SMF creates for this is:-
hxxp:home-regions.no-ip.org/SMF/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=download;server=1;package=new_feature/downloads/992/DownloadSystem3.0.4c.zip;f1f9a237fe2=543f571b3c198f62724ea92a2094e765 [nonactive]

Even though the error says the package was downloaded, it wasn't.

Sir Osis of Liver

Some servers do not allow 777 for security reasons, try 755.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

manually download the package from our cust site here, and upload via the package manager.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: