News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[PAID] Comprehensive Dice Roller

Started by OtterlyAdorable, February 14, 2020, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OtterlyAdorable

I have some money I could put towards this.  Not exorbitant amounts, but something for your trouble.

Version:
We're using 2.0.17, so something compatible with that.

Description:
I would like a more comprehensive Dice Rolling tool than we currently have.

Permissions
For all users.

Feature Set
Part 1: D20
Disclaimer: I'm assuming you know, or will look up, the terminology for rolling polyhedral dice. (e.g. what 1d6 indicates)

We currently have a decent d20-based dice rolling tool on our forum.  (Here's the link to the SMF Mod, and here's the link to the SMF Mod Discussion where the author said he would take requests on his GitHub page.  I was really excited about this, so I found his GitHub page and submitted a few requests there. That was in 2017, and we haven't heard a peep since.)

In short, the d20 tool we currently have works well, but there are some additional features we would like our tool to have.

It's easier to just link the Discord dice rolling tool than to explain all of it over: "Sidekick" bot Commands

The key features we'd like to see:

• Using a tag other than "blocktag"
  • Be able to edit a post (like fix spelling mistakes) without breaking the roll
  • Exploding Dice
  • Keep/drop the highest/lowest
  • Repeat

Part 2: Genesys RPG Dice
Here's a link to another Discord Bot that has the features we want. (Scroll down to the Commands section.)  It actually has more than we want--we really just want the genesys dice tools.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about how this would work.

OtterlyAdorable

Marking this post as resolved, as we have decided to take our forum down and no longer need this tool.

vbgamer45

Be sure to backup your site at least locally. You had a very good theme for that site.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: