News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Menu

Started by live627, October 05, 2014, 12:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manudevil

I uninstalled the plugin, keeping data, and reinstalled it. The buttons reappeared.

live627

Quote from: manudevil on February 14, 2024, 05:50:56 PMHello !

I used Ultimate Menu on my forum, SMF 2.1.4. Last week, it stopped working. No additional button anymore...
When I try to add a button, I got a message :
Field 'slug' doesn't have a default value
Fichier: /homepages/XXXXX/forum/Sources/Class-UltimateMenu.php
Ligne: 327

What can be done ?

Thank you.
that's a field left from older version

Kindred

Quote from: manudevil on February 14, 2024, 05:50:56 PMHello !

I used Ultimate Menu on my forum, SMF 2.1.4. Last week, it stopped working. No additional button anymore...
When I try to add a button, I got a message :
Field 'slug' doesn't have a default value
Fichier: /homepages/XXXXX/forum/Sources/Class-UltimateMenu.php
Ligne: 327

What can be done ?

Thank you.

Do. Give it a default value... that error has been asked and answered about a thousand times since mysql started requiring a default years ago
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CreativeITWorld.com

Quote from: CreativeITWorld.com on August 03, 2023, 08:46:33 AMOnce you get beyond 20 entries, the risk of failure worsens. When one entry fails, it effects other entries in a cascade. The answer is to Activate all of the failed entries, but the problem is that they are now on two pages and it becomes impossible to activate them all. Try one at a time? Works for a bit and then another failure.

I gave up, read through the files in the Zip, and I solved the problem:

Sources/ManageUltimateMenu.php
Line 48: 'items_per_page' => 20,

Change it to 'items_per_page' => 100,

Then just activate everything and it all works again without fail.

Quote from: live627 on August 08, 2023, 07:19:12 PMI feel like this is déjà vu and that I might have already fixed this. Which version of the menu mod is this?

Using the latest version, which at this moment is Ultimate Menu v2.0.2.

Even if this wasn't an issue, having all the menu entries on a single page would still make it easier to manage.

live627

Where are the failures? How do they occur? Can you post a screenshot?

grega

Can one specify custom icons for each entry?

davo88

Quote from: gregaCan one specify custom icons for each entry?
gega - see here. I tried it and it works fine.

davo88

v2.1.4
I am getting just to know UM and notice there are some menu items that appear in the configuration dropdown that do not appear on the SMF main menu - 'Log In', 'Log Out' and 'Sign Up'.

You cannot view this attachment.
Are these hidden menu items able to be turned on anywhere? Or removed from this dropdown?

As I plan to add 'Log In' and 'Log Out' buttons using UM, it gets a bit confusing with two sets of buttons with the same name.
If I pick the wrong one as a reference position (before, after), it generates errors. So any information that can help me understand these three buttons appearing in the dropdown much appreciated.

Advertisement: