News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Started by Pipke, February 15, 2020, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Vail

Hello Everyone,

I'm running an SMF 2.1.2 forum using the default theme. My forum has this Mod installed as well.

Like in other forums, some of our members have avatars they've chosen from the SMF Avatar Gallery in the profile editor. Others have never selected an Avatar for their profile.

I recently noticed since upgrading to SMF 2.1 that a new "Initial Avatar" feature now exists in the profile editor area. I'm told that this new feature assigns a silhouette image (/forums/avatars/ default.png) for members who don't choose their own avatar.  What's weird is that even though I've enabled the features of this mod to replace that default image with a circle and the first letter of the display name, a significant number of the members on my forum who have not chosen a custom avatar and have the "Initial avatar" option selected by default are still displaying the default.png as their avatar.

I am able to resolve the issue for each member by  going into their profile and selecting an avatar for the user from the avatar gallery, saving, then reverting back to the the initial avatar setting. I don't have the time to go into a 100+ profiles to fix this that way, and I'm afraid new users will have the same problem. 

Does anyone know why only some users still have the default.png icon even though this mod is installed and the settings are correct to change this behavior? It's not the end of the world if I can't resolve it, it's just weird and I'd like to fix it if possible, 

I have attached a partial member list so you can see what it looks like.

Thank you for your time.

peter_mein

Hello
I use this mod Avatars Display Integration.
I installed this mod: https://github.com/SimpleDesk/Team-Mods-TopicSolved
But now if i solved a theme i can´t see the avatar picture.
Is the mistake in your mod or in the other mod ?
Thanks for your help.

SMF 2.1.2
Avatars Display Integration 1.5.3

Advertisement: