News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

where can I get new smiley icons?

Started by MacGig, February 19, 2020, 11:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGig

the ones included with SMF look very dated... small and even blurry. any idea where I can get some better ones? thanks.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MacGig

I'll check the link out. thanks. I have no idea how to make them. :)

MacGig

did you see the dates on those? looking outdated like SMF looks. the outdated look is what I was hoping to get rid of. oh well. thanks for trying to help.

Antechinus

You can grab any smileys from anywhere on the web, rename the images to match the names of the originals, then use the new images to overwrite the originals. Hey presto, new smileys.

landyvlad

Yes create your own smiley set, it was easy enough and it allows you to have some smileys that are relevant to your forum topic.
e.g. on my motorbike forum I have a number of animated motorbike smileys.

MacGig perhaps you could post an example of what you consider good / modern 'smileys' so we have some idea what you are referring to..
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: