How to isolate members to a particular board

Started by cpf, February 17, 2020, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpf

Quote from: Illori on February 17, 2020, 01:05:10 PM
they can have a profile but they don't require one.

The user can now see the board I want, and can't see the others... except for the main one... they can't see the child boards under the main one... trying to figure out how to hide that main one too...
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

cpf

I think I figured it out...  The post-based groups were over-riding the member groups.  I removed the board visibility settings from the post-based groups, forcing them to fall back onto the regular member settings.

I'll report back after a few tests.
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

Illori

that is what I told you to do already in this topic, that should resolve the issue.

cpf

Quote from: Illori on February 17, 2020, 01:57:18 PM
that is what I told you to do already in this topic, that should resolve the issue.

I'm a slow learner.

Fixed.  Thanks for your help Illori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement: