News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.15 to 2.0.16 error?

Started by MacGig, February 17, 2020, 11:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGig

I want to upgrade to 2.0.16. getting this error. what does it mean? screenshot shows currently install packages.

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

MacGig

some errors so I was unsure if I should proceed with the upgrade or not?

Sir Osis of Liver

Package manager can't find target code, usually because it's been changed by a mod.  You have to manually edit those files before installing upgrade or bad things will happen.  Click the edit icon left side of error files, it will display target code and replacement code.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MacGig

thanks I'll look and see if I can figure it out. :)

MacGig

on one of the file edits, its telling me to replace code that is not in the file.. frustrating. cant replace code that is not there.

Sir Osis of Liver

Should be something similar.  Try to find part of the target code, not all of it.  If it was all there, you wouldn't have an error.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: