Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

login issues at 2.0.17

Started by rty42, February 19, 2020, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rty42

Hi all!

My forum is having login issues since upgrading to 2.0.16+2.0.17
Some users have to login twice (log shows incorrect password error), one of the admins can login to the forum but when he tries to access the admin area his password is not accepted there.

The common point seems to be non-ascii characters so I have set up a test server with clean SMF 2.0.17 (hxxp:smf-test-2.rty.hu/ [nonactive]). I then registered a user with the userid kötőtű.
This user can not login to the forum no matter what I do. I went in as admin, changed the user's password but nothing helps.

Is this a known issue?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rty42

OK, thank you!
Waiting for a fix then...

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

rty42

I have applied the fix on my forum but I still can't login with the user "kötőtű". I have also changed it's password after the fix but still no luck :(

Checking the page I figured out that the old script still was in use coming from my browser's cache... After several refreshes I managed to login with the user.

Thank you!  :)

Advertisement: