News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

zip file of mod is not accepted by the Package Manager

Started by aegersz, February 21, 2020, 05:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hi,

I have just created a zip file on CentOS Linux to reflect some mod changes but after I WINSCP it to my downloads directory and attempt to "upload" it, the Package Manager loader responds:

Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty ...

but it isn't empty at all.

any ideas ?

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Dzonny

Hello there.

Are you sure that your Packages directory is chmoded like it should (777 or 755) and if that's correct maybe try to create temp directory inside Packages?
Which SMF version are you using?

aegersz

Thanks. I have had this problem before and at that time it turned out to be an attribute wrong in the discreet files in the zip file.

I am on 2.0.15 ... i am sure that the attributes are ok but will double check them later.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

I found the reason and fixed it.

On Windows, I had to unzip the downloaded SMF-incompatible Host OS Linux files using 7zip and then rezip them back and that changes the Host OS to FAT.

SMF now happy !

Advertisement: