My SMF 2.0.16 and 2.0.17 Upgrade Sequence and Notes on Mod conflicts

Started by aegersz, February 21, 2020, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

my update methodology ... I have many mods on so this may help somebody

1. uninstall Global Topics
2. uninstall Topics Solved (minor manual change now incorporated)
3. uninstall GDPR Helper 1.4 (Done)
4. install GDPR Helper 1.9 (Done)

5. uninstall the above now
6. install SMF 2.0.16 (single manual change is required for ./Sources/QueryString.php) then force the Install
--- this will log you off for GDPR prep so enable it and save ! 
7. install force Topics Solved (single manual change required for ./Sources/Modlog.php) done via my notes only !
8. reinstall Global Topics
9. uninstall SA Chat REV110
10. reinstall my SA Chat REV111 with my changes (see my mod notes or at SM))
11. install SMF 2.0.17

Note 3. and 4. has already been done in live, just in case.

All good so far
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

SpacePhoenix

The very first thing when doing any upgrade should be to make a complete backup of both all the code and the whole database!

aegersz

That goes without saying.

I do all my work first in a restorable development environment on my intranet.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

Advertisement: