Has anyone improved /main_block.png to have transparent rounded edges?

Started by Biology Forums, August 30, 2019, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got on, will take a look.  It's not my forum, not my icons, not my mod.  AFAIK Nibogo supports his mods pretty well, but this seems to be a theme problem.  Mod displays icons correctly in Curve and Curve Multi Color (that's what they're using now).  So far haven't even been able to find td widths in css or the mod icons in the template.  The td containing icon2 must be removed or you get duplicate overlapping mod icons.  Only way to remove mod icon is to remove the topic title.  It seems to be in the third cell, not the second.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Antechinus

Ah. He has probably done something with hooks then. Those can be a damned nuisance to track down. Another of those things that is wonderfully convenient when it wants to do what you want it to do, but otherwise is not quite so convenient in practice as it is in theory.

Regarding td widths:

.topic_table .icon1, .topic_table .icon2 {
width: 36px;
text-align: center;
position: absolute;
top: 10px;
left: 0;
}
.topic_table .icon2 {
left: 36px;
}
.topic_table .subject {
position: relative;
margin: 0 21% 0 72px;
padding: 4px 0 0;
}

And:

.topic_table .lastpost {
position: relative;
margin: 0 21% 0 72px;
padding: 0;
}

There are a couple more lines of relevant code down in the media queries at the end of index.css. All of this is easily found by searching for the relevant parent class (.topic_table) which you can get from your browser's document inspector:

if (!$context['no_topic_listing'])
{
echo '
<div class="pagelinks_inline">
', $context['page_index'], '
</div>
', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '';

// If Quick Moderation is enabled start the form.
if (!empty($context['can_quick_mod']) && $options['display_quick_mod'] > 0 && !empty($context['topics']))
echo '
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=quickmod;board=', $context['current_board'], '.', $context['start'], '" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" class="clear" name="quickModForm" id="quickModForm">';

echo '
<table id="messageindex" class=" topic_table">

Sir Osis of Liver

Sorry I haven't gotten to this.  Wasted the past 3-4 hours trying to determine why the topic prefix mod, which was installed and working on prod forum as recently as yesterday, is now uninstalled but custom icons are being correctly displayed as icon2 in Curve Multi Color as before.  Only the row of sort icons that mod adds are missing from top of table.  If I install the mod it duplicates post icon in topic title.  There are two of each, one .gif and one .png, same images next to each other.  I can replicate it on my clone install by installing mod and copying /images/posts/ from prod default Curve and CMC.  Without mod custom icon .gifs are available in post editor and display correctly in second table cell next to topic title.  When mod is installed (you can see it here in CMC) identical custom icon .png is added neatly to left side of topic title, and you see the row of icons that sort topics across top of table.  I've spent the afternoon trying to determine why this is happening, still don't know.  Can't find added icon in the code, no idea why mod was installed and working in prod forum, now it's not, icon filenames are not in db.  I'm done for today. :P

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

This throws an undefined index error for post_group -

PersonalMessage.template.php

// Show the member's avatar?
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $message['member']['id'], '" class="poster_avatar">';

if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
{
echo '
', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</a>';
}
elseif (!empty($message['member']['group']))
{
echo '
<span class="no_avatar ', $message['member']['group'], '">', (substr($message['member']['name'], 0, 1)), '</span></a>';
}
elseif ($message['member']['post_group'] != '')
{
echo '
<span class="no_avatar ', $message['member']['post_group'], '">', (substr($message['member']['name'], 0, 1)), '</span></a>';
}
else
{
echo '
<span class="no_avatar">', (substr($message['member']['name'], 0, 1)), '</span></a>';
}

- R. Waters

Antechinus

Advertisement: