News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Administration log

Started by chocho, February 24, 2020, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocho

In my forum, when I edit any post as administrators, the log is visible to everyone as like- "Edited by chocho"
I want this notification to be shown as "edited by an admin/moderator" unless the user itself edit the post. I don't want to edit log to be invisible.

How can I do that?

aegersz

The Administration log is only available to Admins as regular members don't even have an "Admin" app button.

or are you talking about the "Last Edit" details ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

shawnb61

Easiest way is to create a user with admin rights named "administrator" or something like that. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

chocho

Quote from: aegersz on February 24, 2020, 11:24:49 AM
or are you talking about the "Last Edit" details ?

Yes

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 24, 2020, 11:25:39 AM
Easiest way is to create a user with admin rights named "administrator" or something like that.
That's not the solution. We are two admin and unlikely to use one admin account.

shawnb61

Then use 2, with different names.

That's how my forum operates - we each have a regular user id & an admin id.  It's safer, too - you don't need to be logged on as admin most of the time.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

efk

From what I understood some time ago while searching for the similar thing, you can have history enabled and visible that line to everyone, or not visible history to anyone, including admin, so probably is possible to change text "Last Edit by name" to "Edited by an name", so only logical solution could be using shared account with your friend with name Admin or Moderator or maybe you could create forum account with name Admin/Moderator as the best solution in your case, that is exactly what you wanted. Also you can set on that profile to not be visible on Who's Online list or even should be there mod to completely hide last active on user profile. Doesn't even need to be administrator account, it can be moderator with ability/permission to edit posts and topics for all users.

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Slonik :)

This small mod for Admin works on versions 2.0.15 - 2.0.17:
hxxp:dragomano.ru/mods/special-options-for-admins [nonactive]

It simply hides the edit mark.

From a developer named Bugo:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=229017

efk

Quote from: YogiBear on February 28, 2020, 07:37:43 AM
Not sure if this will work on 2.0.17 but...

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3016
YogiBear does it completely hide it from all users including admin/user who edited post? If yes, then history can't be tracked?

YogiBear

Hi efk, AFAIK it hides from all except administrator.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

efk

Quote from: YogiBear on February 28, 2020, 10:33:58 AM
Hi efk, AFAIK it hides from all except administrator.
Ok so administrator can see edits. It could be ideally if there is some mode to give control so if user have permission to see edits of his posts, see his posts and if he has permission to see edits of others, to see. But not to see that edits are done if he is not the one who should see it.

Kindred

It would not be that hard....  but even not that hard would be a waste of time, imo, as you are the first person I know of to ask for that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

efk

Quote from: Kindred on February 29, 2020, 08:02:38 PM
It would not be that hard....  but even not that hard would be a waste of time, imo, as you are the first person I know of to ask for that...
Mod to hide last edit line or to set in permissions who can see and who can't already exist? Hide Edited Line (big update!)  by sinner-rus

Advertisement: