News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA ERROR

Started by statusjpn, February 25, 2020, 06:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

statusjpn

Hey guys,

I have 2 SMF sites, both on the latest 2.0.17. I have the same issue on both sites.

I have the Visual Verification set to "OFF".

reCAPTCHA set to "ON" (checked box). I have inserted my keys from Google's reCAPTCHA site.

On the registration page after accepting the user agreement, when i click register, it prompts this error:
QuoteThe following errors were detected in your registration. Please correct them to continue:
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

This shouldn't be happening since i have the Visual Verification turned off? The reCAPTCHA is working fine on the site though.

Can someone help me out on this? Thanks in advance!

Dzonny

Hello there.

That sounds like a mod related problem, so I'd suggest to write in mods support topic, along with list of installed mods.

live627

Just a guess but this could probably be worked around by setting the verification to some easy level.

reCAPTCHA for SMF 2.0 is a mod, and has its own support topic that you'll need to post this to.

Shambles

^   and it's been reported in there, with a successful solution for some members.

statusjpn

Quote from: Dzonny on February 25, 2020, 07:16:57 AM
Hello there.

That sounds like a mod related problem, so I'd suggest to write in mods support topic, along with list of installed mods.

Thanks, silly me, didn't even remember that reCAPTCHA was a mod and not built into SMF.

Quote from: Shambles on February 25, 2020, 07:35:38 AM
^   and it's been reported in there, with a successful solution for some members.

Thanks Shambles, your solution fixed half the problem, the security question is showing correctly now, however, the error still prompts out. Will check back into the mod thread to see if any solution. Cheers!

Advertisement: