News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Strange Issue

Started by big red, February 25, 2020, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big red

SMF 2.0.17 & PHP 7.2

This is a real head scratcher for me  :-\

Have a new forum and have added 2 fields to the Registration Area. Both accept the info and show to me before i manually activate accounts. One of the fields asks for a 20 digit (all numbers) code which i provide to the new user before hand to enter for verification by me.

Every 20 digit code i provide is unique to the user but when i go into the Admin area to verify, the code has changed and it's the same code showing for every new user  ???

This code 9223372036854775807 is the one that shows for all people and is not the code that was given out before hand and entered.

Anyone have a clue Why this is happening?

Shambles

Is this some kind of Invitation system you've installed?

big red

Quote from: Shambles on February 25, 2020, 02:51:46 PM
Is this some kind of Invitation system you've installed?

No - only certain members of my discord are going to get a chance to register on this new forum. I've simply added 2 more fields to registration for them to input their full discord username and a unique 20 digit code (all numbers) i generate and hand out before hand to input during registration so i know who is who.

If i provide a unique code like this 54643536575767218503 and they enter that during registration, when i go to verify it in the admin area it looks like this 9223372036854775807 every single time.

Illori

how did you create this field?

big red

Created just in the admin area - No Mod for this!

Illori

step by step, or with screenshots. no one else has reported this so we need some details from you so we can assist you to correct it.

big red

Quote from: Illori on February 25, 2020, 03:12:42 PM
step by step, or with screenshots. no one else has reported this so we need some details from you so we can assist you to correct it.

Sure - will gather that and post in abit!

Shambles

Confirmed.

Creating a new profile field, sized at 20 and defined as numeric and entering the data as above results in a conversion to 9223372036854775807

This has to be a result of the numeric length and how it's being stored. A length of 19 works ok.

Doing some more tests...

Shambles

The numeric value 9223372036854775807 is x'7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF' which suggests either an overflow condition or an exception result.

Can you (OP) reduce the size of your input field? Does it need to be 20 digits?

vbgamer45

Hmm, data type too large? For checking/validation.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

big red

Quote from: Shambles on February 25, 2020, 03:48:56 PM
The numeric value 9223372036854775807 is x'7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF' which suggests either an overflow condition or an exception result.

Can you (OP) reduce the size of your input field? Does it need to be 20 digits?

Yes - can reduce. What size do you suggest. And i just took 6 screenshots  ;D

big red

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 25, 2020, 03:50:06 PM
Hmm, data type too large? For checking/validation.

I'm just "Manually Verifying"

Shambles

Solution:  change your "input mask" from "int" to "no html"

big red

Quote from: Shambles on February 25, 2020, 04:02:02 PM
Solution:  change your "input mask" from "int" to "no html"

I only have 1 input mask set which is "Numeric"

Shambles

big red

Quote from: Shambles on February 25, 2020, 04:14:33 PM
Change it to "no html"

Sure - will try another test account.

vbgamer45

Reporting as an issue in SMF 2.0.x
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

Isn't there a mod that does this?  Installed it on a forum once, can't find it now. >:(

Might be this one -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4251

A later version, but looks familiar.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Shambles

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 25, 2020, 04:43:25 PM
Isn't there a mod that does this?  Installed it on a forum once, can't find it now. >:(

You may be thinking of an invitation mod, which does the same thing?

This issue is being caused as a result of a numeric-validated input profile field being converted to (int) then stored in the smf_themes table as a 64-bit unsigned [equivalent] value of -1

big red

Quote from: Shambles on February 25, 2020, 04:14:33 PM
Change it to "no html"

Now works with the 20 digit code - Thank You for the help  8)

Shambles

You're very welcome.

Just one small favour to ask...   next time you need help try using a topic title slightly more descriptive than "Strange Issue" as it will attract faster responses. Try to include snippets of the issue you're having, like "Unexpected profile field modification following registration" or "Shambles is annoying me" ;)

big red

Advertisement: