News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cant login after upgrade

Started by Juan Carlos, February 25, 2020, 06:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Carlos

I just upgrade two forums to the last Github today and in one of them all works perfectly but in the other when the upgrade finish (without errors) the login screen apears and I cant not acces.

Some ideas?
Juan Carlos

vbgamer45

Check your smf's forum's error log database table and grab the latest entries after trying to login.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Juan Carlos

Thanks for answer

This is the error in log:
QuoteData Base Error: Data too long for colum...
Juan Carlos

vbgamer45

Can you expand the data or get complete message from error log?
We need to find out what column and what database table.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Juan Carlos

Ok sorry I think this is the information

Quoteurl   text ?action=login2

message   text   Database error: Data too long for column 'password_salt' at row 1

file   varchar(255) /homepages/8/d361504127/htdocs/cuatro/foro/Sources/Subs.php
line   mediumint(8) unsigned 412

backtrace   varchar(10000)         
[{"file":"\/homepages\/8\/d361504127\/htdocs\/cuatro\/foro\/Sources\/Subs-Db-mysql.php","line":489,"function":"smf_db_error"},{"file":"\/homepages\/8\/d361504127\/htdocs\/cuatro\/foro\/Sources\/Subs.php","line":412,"function":"smf_db_query"},{"file":"\/homepages\/8\/d361504127\/htdocs\/cuatro\/foro\/Sources\/LogInOut.php","line":402,"function":"updateMemberData"},{"file":"\/homepages\/8\/d361504127\/htdocs\/cuatro\/foro\/index.php","line":173,"function":"Login2"}]

Juan Carlos

vbgamer45

What version of SMF did you upgrade from?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

Hi
Did you find something that can help me?
Juan Carlos

m4z

How did you "upgrade"? Did you try to use upgrade.php, or did you just replace the files?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

vbgamer45

I haven't been able to find the cause. I am not sure what cause the password_salt to exceed 255 characters.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Juan Carlos

I use the upgrade.php.

Is extrange because I made the same in two forums and one run perfectly

Can I made something to acces?
Juan Carlos

m4z

I might be mistaken, but IIRC you aren't supposed to use upgrade.php when upgrading the development version, because to the script, both/all development versions (beta*, rc*, or any other) are the same.
--Homer Simpson

Illori

if you have *ever* installed SMF 2.1, you need to run the upgrade.php file to upgrade to another release or version on GitHub. without doing that you will be missing all the database changes.

m4z

Quote from: Illori on February 27, 2020, 01:32:03 PM
if you have *ever* installed SMF 2.1, you need to run the upgrade.php file to upgrade to another release or version on GitHub. without doing that you will be missing all the database changes.

Define "version". A released version? Or does this also apply to commit IDs "on top" of RC2?

If I understand correctly, Juan Carlos installed RC2, then upgraded to the current git HEAD, then ran upgrade.php.
--Homer Simpson

Illori

tech will need to run upgrade.php in that case.

m4z

Interesting, I didn't know that. I did the same(?) (initially installed rc2, then just updated (replaced) the files from GH afterwards), never ran upgrade.php once.
--Homer Simpson

shawnb61

Quote from: m4z on February 27, 2020, 02:14:52 PM
Interesting, I didn't know that. I did the same(?) (initially installed rc2, then just updated (replaced) the files from GH afterwards), never ran upgrade.php once.

That would be a problem.  The only way to get db updates and data fixes is to run the upgrader.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Juan Carlos

Yes,
I have version 2.1 rc2 installed from the beginning and I have been doing frequent updates from the github in two forums always running the upgrade.
It is the first time that the problem appears (and only in one of the forums)

Juan Carlos

shawnb61

JC - Would it be possible to share phpinfo for the environment where it's not working?

The way the salt was generated changed a couple weeks ago.  The random number generation changed. 

My first thought is that the random # library being used is one that is not used often???  It checks to see what's available & so may use different logic in different environments.

(For the record, JC has a solid track record of identifying - real - issues...)
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Juan Carlos

Hello

Here is the my php info file

Thank you very much
Juan Carlos

Advertisement: