News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Email Announcements not working

Started by Flexi, November 18, 2005, 08:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flexi

Hi,

I installed SMF 1.0.5CR1 a couple of days ago and and everything worked great. I was getting regular email announcements to the test email accounts I was using. It was setup to use Sendmail with a GoDaddy account. I then upgraded to SMF 1.1RC1 and since then I haven't been able to get Email Announcements to work. I tried both Sendmail and STMP and all I could get was emails when I clicked the "Send Topic".

I then registered to this Forum and went to set up to receive emails and noticed that the options you have listed in the "Profile>Modify Profile>Notifications and Emails" is not the same as what's listed in mine. I see we're using the same bea version.

SMF Options are:

- Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email.
- Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
- Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
- When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

My Options are:

- Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
- Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
- When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

I don't have the option to "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email". Any idea why this is so? Sorry I can't give you the link to my forum as it's a very private community that deals in high-tech ideas.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Is it possible to go back to SMF 1.0.5 without losing my data?

Cheers,

Billy

Flexi

In "Configuration>Features and Options" there's an option for "Allow users to disable announcements" that needs to be checked. This brings up the option to allow members to receive emails but no emails are received. Still, only when I "Send" the topic from within the topic itself.

???

Billy

Flexi

I found a link after many hours of searching for a decent answer. I would have to agree with "hollyc" that this feature be added as an option as I also admin a very small forum of automation engineers here in the US and France. There are less than 12 people involved and the number of posts would be small on a weekly basis as we're using it as a place gather ideas and experiences.

Here's the link if you're wondering why you can't get notifications for every post:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=17482.0

Billy

Oldiesmann

If you go to Admin -> Features and Options and check the box next to "Allow members to disable announcements", then everyone will have an option about whether or not to receive announcements. Notification emails are a different story, but the user can disable these from their profile.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: