PHP 7._? work with SMF?

Started by ctdkite, March 02, 2020, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctdkite

Our forum has worked fine for years and then suddenly disappeared, without any changes to the SMF.  I finally figured out that the only thing that had changed was that I had updated the PHP on my server from 5.6 to 7.4.  I went back and downgraded to 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, and finally back to 5.6 and that fixed it. 

I apologize if this is answered elsewhere, but I can't find it.  Why would it not work for the latest versions of PHP?

Sir Osis of Liver

2.0.17 (officially) supports up to php 7.2, but it will log a lot of server errors.  Will run fine in 7.1.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Versions before 2.0.15 will not work with 7.0
2.0.17 will work with 7.1, 7.2, 7.3

7.4 is not currently supported
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ctdkite

I worked backward through the 7._ versions and the forum was still missing.  My server provider's next choice was to go back to 5.6 and then it worked.  Strange.

Antechinus

It sounds like you're still on 2.0.15. Have you actually updated the site to 2.0.17 yet?

Sir Osis of Liver

Missing as in white screen or server error?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Just checked, 2.0.15 will load in php 7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3, logs a lot of errors above 7.1.  Should not make forum "disappear".  This sounds like a host issue.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: