Very high rate of errors since moving to 2.0.17 (another issue re. "Forum" page)

Started by aegersz, March 05, 2020, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

I have attached a screenshot as I get 36 errors when i click on "Forum" only. (?)

Your thoughts, please ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

... in the meanwhile, is there a way to disable logging of 8: Undefined index: xyz errors in SMF ?

Dzonny

Do you have other languages installed on forum apart form English?
Also your topic name is "since moving to 2.0.17". From what did you moved exactly?

aegersz

No, English only.

I don't recall seeing these errors when on 2.0.15.

I only recently upgraded to 2.0.16 and immediately after to 2.0.17.

I even compared the boardindex template to a "vanilla" version and it's barely different.

I just do not understand why the error happens in the first place ... but then again, i should've tested 0.16 and 0.17 more before upgrading and now it's too late to go back.

The problem is that my DB is filling with error logs so any help, as always, is appreciated.

Dzonny

Okay, until someone finds solution I'd suggest trying to just add those strings in language files, so for example, open Themes/default/language/index.english.php and just add empty strings to temporary stop errors, like:
$txt['is_redirects'] = '';
$txt['topics'] = '';

I have no idea why you're getting those though, is_redirect shouldn't be a string afaik. Do you have any mods installed?

aegersz

Thanks and yes, over 140 mods installed !

I knew that they would eventually cause me grief but so far, so lucky ... almost anyway.

I will try your suggestion a bit later (currently at a nightclub).

aegersz

Quote from: Dzonny on March 06, 2020, 07:53:09 AM
Okay, until someone finds solution I'd suggest trying to just add those strings in language files, so for example, open Themes/default/language/index.english.php and just add empty strings to temporary stop errors, like:
$txt['is_redirects'] = '';
$txt['topics'] = '';

I have no idea why you're getting those though, is_redirect shouldn't be a string afaik. Do you have any mods installed?

Your suggestion made no difference, sorry to say; SMF is still logging those pesky errors.

Shambles

Hardly surprising you're still getting those errors as they're not emanating from an index in the $txt array, so I've no idea why you were given that advice  ::)

It's the $board array that needs addressing

aegersz

Yes, i thoughts that this error indicates an index outside of an array.

But my PHP is too rudimentary to spot the reason why I am getting errors and considering it
s all working fine, I still perplexed.

Shambles

aegersz

A good thought but I do not.

Hang on, I found an empty board with no title or description ...

aegersz

see attached ...

no way can I remove it -- i tried adding temp/tempo but it just pushed the board down.

this may require some delicate DB surgery ?

aegersz

no, I can't figure out how to remove it as it doesn't appear in Admin > Forum > Boards.

will keep fiddling though.

aegersz

I can't even see a blank entry or 0 board ID in phpmyadmin; I now defer to the gurus ... and yes, I have run all the Maintenance that the forum offers.

Shambles

Run this query

delete from smf_boards where name = '';

.. or check to see if a query can find your corrupt board

select * from smf_boards where name = '';

Shambles

Actually, I just visited your forum and can see (looking at the page source) that the rogue board does not have a board_id.

Try creating a new board within your "Core Topics" category and see what that does to the board indexing.

aegersz

no luck; I would've seen a null row in phpmyadmin anyway.

mysql> delete from smf209_boards where name = '';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from smf209_boards where name = '';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

I feel that it is a PHP error somewhere. I just checked on old 2.0.15 backup system of mine and it had no such blank board.

... and don't we all love a good mystery  8) O:)

I like your ideas though ... but how can this be ?

Advertisement: