News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New Member Notification

Started by BigAlGeorge, June 07, 2021, 01:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAlGeorge

Hi my mail settings work eg a new member is notified their joining details, but the 'new member join' email is not sent to admin. admin has been defined.
Anything I might be missing?
Thanks,
Al.

Dave J

This also happened to mew a while ago on my new forum.

The issue for me was the 'Webmaster' email address, under the Server/General settings for some reason when I used my 'Protonmail' address it wouldn't work as soon as I changed it to a gmail account everything worked as it should.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings -> Notify administrators when a new member joins
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 07, 2021, 04:00:11 AM
Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings -> Notify administrators when a new member joins
Greetings again, and my apologies.

I was a programmer for many years, but now retired and I find that like this and previous instance, sometimes I dont see things when they are onscreen. It seems to be either a result of too much beer, or of old age probably the former.

Yes the setting was there but even after your pointer, I did not see it for a short while  :-[

Shambles

We should meet up - I suffer the same (age, plus beer)

Sir Osis of Liver

You can never have too much beer, but you can always be too old. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 07, 2021, 10:03:33 PM
You can never have too much beer, but you can always be too old. :P
Mums 96 but she has had enough living she says.
I certainly dont want to put up with all the crap that old age brings, so consider my home brew to be the elixir of life!!

I wrote a lot of code way back and most of it was free. Im really impressed with the coding in Simple Machines and the structure. A lot of hard and well executed work has gone into it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: BigAlGeorge on June 07, 2021, 05:47:30 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 07, 2021, 04:00:11 AM
Greetings again, and my apologies.
No apology needed, and honestly - 2.0 has some weird menu structures :D Being so versatile and configurable as SMF is, has it's downsides.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

BigAlGeorge

QuoteNo apology needed, and honestly - 2.0 has some weird menu structures :D Being so versatile and configurable as SMF is, has it's downsides.
Yes, if anything would have me criticize SMF it is the menu structure. I cant understand how such a well written application can have such a confusing interface. Its probably me, but where I expect things to happen, eg settings, all settings apart from individual mod settings, should be grouped as settings with various categories, but its a tad messy and inconsistent IMHO. Once you get used to, no problem, but initial UI can tend to be confusing.

This is my personal opinion, and I dont want to upset but comment only.
Thanks, Al.

Advertisement: