News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Another Bad Email Account

Started by Johntheconfused, March 06, 2020, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johntheconfused

I did it too.  Changed e-mail addresses and lost password.  Now I can't log in to change the address.  I set up a temp address for this post.  What should I do?

aegersz

Many email providers let you reset the new email address password.

Isn't that the easiest option ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Johntheconfused

Thank you for the reply.

My problem is that I had hosted my own email server.  That server is no longer in use.  Therefore, the ability to change this forums user settings is stopped by emails being sent to an address that no longer works.

Johntheconfused

Also, this is the same as the post at "Bad email on my original forum account..."

SleePy

Please use the contact form in our abut section or email info @ simplemachines.org.  We will need some identifying information to prove account ownership.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Johntheconfused

I've tried a number of times but never get a response.

LiroyvH

Quote from: Johntheconfused on March 27, 2020, 10:20:57 AM
I've tried a number of times but never get a response.

Don't see any email from you. At least, not from the address you registered with here. Did you use another email address?
I think I've found it based on your IP though, at least: eerily similar and recent. But a totally different name and email address. If that was you, I responded twice - once asking you for additional questions and simply "yes" to the question if we got the first email... Maybe check your spambox?
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Johntheconfused

I know you don't like PMs, but I don't know how to get private info to you otherwise.  If you don't read it, then please let me know another way to correspond.

(BTW, IP addresses mean nothing as I often travel around and I use Tor.)

LiroyvH

Quote from: Johntheconfused on April 01, 2020, 11:02:57 AM
I know you don't like PMs, but I don't know how to get private info to you otherwise.  If you don't read it, then please let me know another way to correspond.

You didn't send a PM. It looks like you had sent an email instead. Looking at your postcount, guess you can't send PM's.
I've changed your account so that you can actually send PM's. I'll send you a PM shortly with a request for extra details.

(BTW, IP addresses mean nothing as I often travel around and I use Tor.)

And yet... ;)

Johntheconfused

LiroyvH

Johntheconfused

Advertisement: