News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Important: extended downtime due to scheduled maintenance

Started by LiroyvH, March 10, 2020, 08:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiroyvH

Dear users,

We'd like to inform you that we will be moving all of our servers to a new datacenter tomorrow.
The scheduled maintenance window is between 10PM and 6AM EST (2AM to 10AM GMT).

During this maintenance window, our project websites will be offline (intermittently). This includes downloads, the online manual and the community.
At most, we'll be displaying a page showing that our servers are in maintenance mode - but this might not show (all the time) either.

This maintenance will have no effect on the SMF or SimpleDesk installation(s) on your own website(s), although you will not be able to download update patches directly from the Package Manager.
If you were planning on updating your SMF installation tomorrow night, we advise you to download the patch file(s) from our Patches page in advance.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

Warm regards,
Simple Machines
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

LiroyvH

Dear users,

Following the detection of a problem during our pre-flight checks, which needs to be solved first to prevent a double downtime, we have postponed the maintenance to this Sunday the 15th of March.

Warm regards,
Simple Machines

LiroyvH

Dear users,

We'll have a new round of maintenance on the 6th of April 2020 as per the current planning.
The maintenance window is the same, from 10PM to 6AM EST (2AM to 10AM GMT).

This concerns physical maintenance to our servers.
Due to safety concerns involving SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, the maintenance may be postponed if the safety of the on-site staff cannot be sufficiently guaranteed and/or in the event that state restrictions prevent us from being able to do it. We're constantly monitoring the situation and will inform you if the situation changes and the maintenance task has to be cancelled.

Thank you.

LiroyvH

Dear users,

Despite it taking a bit longer than expected, our server maintenance and transfers have been completed.
Thank you for your patience. :)

Advertisement: