News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCaptcha stopped working

Started by solarisjedi, March 20, 2020, 04:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Carlos

Now is working again for me.

Thank you Suki
Juan Carlos

Mike Bobbitt

Still getting "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type" here. Is V3 supported?

Suki

I suggest creating a new key and try again.

V3 is designed for other purposes, V2 is still and will remain active and suits our needs better.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Mike Bobbitt

Obrieden

QuoteA fix has been applied, can you test it again using the latest build?

Where can I get this fix?

If it is applied internally and is active, recaptcha is still not working on my site.

Suki

You will need to grab the files from our github page and overwrite your installation with those. Keep in mind that 2.1 is still in RC state and we do not offer updates via the conventional methods.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Obrieden

Hind24P

V2's up and working with 2.1!

... and yeah, Captcha being down is a plague on some forums, no matter what the engine is, there's always some admin who didn't get the notice of the version their board uses being phased out, leaving users with unavoidable error messages and incomplete registrations.

simplengmakina

Advertisement: