News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Light Portal

Started by Bugo, March 25, 2020, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Just extract Sources and Themes dir from the package to your forum root.

Mick.

Quote from: Bugo on January 01, 2021, 09:36:57 AM
Just extract Sources and Themes dir from the package to your forum root.
Got it. Ty.

Bugo

v1.6
* Dropped support for SMF 2.1 RC2
* Increased a minimum PHP version to 7.3
* Added a small documentation
* Added a new addon - EzPortal, for import pages from ezPortal
* Added page categories
* Changed the structure of tags table
* Improved "Keywords" field on Page add/edit area
* Added new fields for pages: "Category" and "Transfer of authorship"
* Added a possibility to show pages (links) in the main menu
* Added icons for pages (for the main menu)
* Changed template views for some areas
* Changed some settings
* Updated some addons
* Fixed found issues

How to upgrade from the previous version
* Do not forget to backup your changed templates and styles ;)
* Uninstall the previous version (if you want to save your blocks and pages, do not enable the "Remove all data associated with this modification" option)
* Update your forum to SMF 2.1 RC3+, update your PHP version to 7.3+
* Install the new version

Papoune57

First french translation for Light Portal
Includ UTF8
SMF 2.1.4

Bugo

v1.7
* Fixed found errors.
* Changed the set of returned fields when selecting articles on the frontpage.
* The getTeaser() helper now removes all HTML and PHP tags from the transmitted text, and returns the first paragraph, or " ... " if there is no text.
* Updated the design of the buttons in the page comments.
* Comments that have already been answered by someone can no longer be edited.
* Updated templates for the design of article cards on the frontpage.
* Updated templates for page and block management areas.
* Updated the portal component information area.
* Updated the styling of checkboxes on the plugin/page/block setting areas.
* Added new settings for plugins.
* Updated plugins:
   * FlarumStyle now works with portal pages as well.
   * CodeMirror now supports HTML highlighting and Markdown, which is sure to appeal to anyone who likes to work with code directly, without visual editors.
   * The functionality for adding a block with Markdown content has been moved from EasyMarkdownEditor to the Markdown plugin.
* Removed the slider plugins in favor of a new, on pure JavaScript.
* Added plugins:
   * Disqus (the comments for pages)
   * InstagramFeed (block) - thank you for the idea to the author of the article on https://www.idesignsmf.com/
   * Optimus (keywords and topic descriptions in the article cards on the home page)
   * DevTools (tools for plugin developers and template creators)
   * TinySlider (image slider - instead of deleted plugins)
* Updated language files.
* Updated documentation.
* Added French translation (thanks to Papoune57).

Papoune57

French translation REV 1.1 for Light Portal
8 fixes have been made
SMF 2.1.4

Papoune57

French translation REV 2.0

Changes made for Light Portal version 1.7
SMF 2.1.4

Mick.

I installed 1.7. I see you re-wrote plenty of code as well as the css. lol total re-write to my custom code, no biggie.

I have an issue tho'.

In ViewFrontPage.template.php

if (!empty($article['teaser'])) {
echo '
<p>', $article['teaser'], '</p>';
}

Code is there but is not showing the teaser in front page. Was there an option to display the amount of characters in the old version? I can't seem to find it. I think I had it set to 150 characters.

I'm using Template layout for article cards Default mode.

Checkout my test board. I just installed 1.7 and same thing... oddly enuff only 2 posts are showing the topic teaser... https://www.idesignsmf.com/dev-site2/index.php

Mick.

Bugo, Nevermind. All's good. I didnt realize that Topic description [SEO] is the article teaser. This has to be populated when creating a topic so it shows in front page. Perhaps add a notice somewhere? I almost pulled my hair figuring this out.

Bugo

Quote from: Mick. on March 07, 2021, 09:46:23 AM
I didnt realize that Topic description [SEO] is the article teaser.
If a topic has a filled OP description, it will be used. If not, the text from the first post will be used (if you enabled the Optimus addon for LP).
Quote from: Mick. on March 07, 2021, 08:53:45 AM
Was there an option to display the amount of characters in the old version? I can't seem to find it. I think I had it set to 150 characters.
The number of symbols in the teaser is now not configurated, the entire content of the post is used. But only the first 3 lines are displayed, according to the CSS settings for the p tag inside the current frontpage's template.

Mick.

Quote from: Bugo on March 07, 2021, 11:55:59 AM
Quote from: Mick. on March 07, 2021, 09:46:23 AM
I didnt realize that Topic description [SEO] is the article teaser.
If a topic has a filled OP description, it will be used. If not, the text from the first post will be used (if you enabled the Optimus addon for LP).
Quote from: Mick. on March 07, 2021, 08:53:45 AM
Was there an option to display the amount of characters in the old version? I can't seem to find it. I think I had it set to 150 characters.
The number of symbols in the teaser is now not configurated, the entire content of the post is used. But only the first 3 lines are displayed, according to the CSS settings for the p tag inside the current frontpage's template.
Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying.

gevv

Thanks @Bugo nice mod.

Turkish translation. Light Portal version 1.7

ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

Bugo

v1.7.1
* Fixed found issues
* Added Turkish translation (thanks to gevv)
* Updated translations
* Optimized JS/CSS
* Updated some addons

jsx

How to disable display of portal blocks in the main forum?

Bugo

In the block settings.

jsx

In Access and placement, in the Actions field "all" is entered. So I entered "portal" command in all blocks and now the blocks are not displaying on the forum. Well, if that's the command, I'm glad it's so easy to change.

@Bugo

Are you going to implement any of these additions to Light Portal in the future?

- Creating articles and publishing them (TinyPortal and SMFPacks CMS have this capability)

- Blog (SMFPacks CMS has this feature)

- Slider system similar to the slider in SMFPacks CMS

- Shoutbox (TinyPortal has this feature)

Your Portal mod has great potential, contains many extras. It's fresh.

Bugo

Everything is possible. But let us not compare a free modification with a paid one :)
At this moment, LP has a simple plugin system and anyone can add a blog, a slider, and a chat as a custom addon.

jsx

I understand, I hope that developers will create add-ons for Light Portal.

You are not going to add the article creation system? You probably prefer some developer to add such a system as an add-on. I think that the portal should have a system for adding articles.

Bugo

How does the current system with portal pages differ from articles?

jsx

Ok, I checked the page/article creation system.

If I add a photo to the article, then the main page does not contain short content, only three dots are displayed. I added a sample photo 700x250, I understand that this photo may be too large. I think it should be possible to set the width and height of the image thumbnail or article window.

So is it now possible to adjust the height and width of the article window to the size shown in this screen? (orange frame)

And is it now possible to create a text window over articles? I mean such a window (green frame).

Advertisement: