News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Start reading the topic from the first unread post

Started by jsx, March 25, 2020, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi,

I would like to know if such a modification exists or if anyone can create such a modification.

Currently after entering: Show unread posts since last visit - there is a list of topics and on the right is the icon: Last post

And after clicking this icon moves to the last post. And good, but before this last post there are usually a few more posts that have not been read. I mean, so that I could start reading the topic from the first unread post. And so is there any modification in SMF that e.g. shows the number of all unread posts in the subject?

Kindred

the only thing SMF can do is the behavior when you click on the [new] icon

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Diego Andrés

Yup, clicking on "new" provides that exact behavior you want

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

jsx

@Kindred

Thank you for the information. :) I had no idea that this icon has this function. Is SMF 2.1 the same solution?

@Diego Andrés

I am definitely satisfied with this. :)

Kindred

yes, this has been functionality since 1.0 and continues to be used in 2.1 :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

Cool 8) in my opinion this function should have its own icon, a different button. So that it would be known that such a function exists. 8) Overall, maybe others know it is so simple, and I didn't know it. :P

Advertisement: