Quick edit's Save not working

Started by FishingManMatt, March 27, 2020, 03:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishingManMatt

Hi!

I'm not sure if my problem is related to this.
I've just patched my 2.0.15 through 2.0.16 to 2.0.17. I've also updated the TapaTalk plugin to the latest version.

When I click on the Quick edit button, the message is correctly displayed in the frame. But I'm not able to save it. Nothing happens when I click on the Save button. The Cancel button works fine and closes the edit window.

Initially, my moderators reported that they didn't have the problem with saving messages via Quick edit.
However, when they reloaded with Ctrl+F5 they all lost the ability to use the Save button as well.

FishingManMatt

In case someone had the same symptoms of being not able to use the Save button in the Quick/inline Edit window.

I made a small investigation and it turns out that the reason is the JavaScript file (/Themes/default/scripts/script.js) as described in this topic.

Replacing script.js with the one from version 2.0.15 solves the issue. However, it is recommended to use the fix posted by shawnb61 in this message.

I just don't know why different users have different symptoms.
For some, the Save button works, but after saving, the incorrect character encoding appears. Others get an Uncaught TypeError error. And in my case the button just didn't work at all, not allowing me to save the content.

Advertisement: