News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

moved from windows to Plesk with problems

Started by Mulgarus, July 08, 2015, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulgarus

I have  tried to upload my site directory and DB's, but no luck getting to to come back up. I've tried installing SMF, and tried to replace the DB, and that didn't work..
I'm pretty sure that it was running SMF 2.0, but I cant figure it out.. is there any way to look through the files or DB to find out what version it was running to double check?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mulgarus

ok, i was wayyyy off -.- it was older than I thought.
But I uploaded the older version that the forums were on, but now I've getting a 404 error when trying to install smf on my site. I know http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/install.php in the instructions, but even then it's giving me the 404 Not Found..

We can move this thread to the SMF 1.1.x Support if needed

Illori

have you read http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host ? you dont need to be running install.php and it gets removed after the install is completed so you should get a 404 when trying to run that.

Mulgarus

I deleted the 2 install files, and tried to run the repair but still getting the 404

Kindred

1- are you certain that you have uploaded all of your files to the new location?
2- did you actually upload repair_settings.php? (individually and separately? because repair_settings.php is NOT part of the standard distribution.)

3- Are you certain that your DNS changes have taken effect?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Mulgarus on July 09, 2015, 09:59:51 AM
I deleted the 2 install files

which 2 install files? there are more then 2 files involved in the install. install.php and a few .sql files.

Mulgarus

Quote from: Kindred on July 09, 2015, 10:02:14 AM
1- are you certain that you have uploaded all of your files to the new location?
2- did you actually upload repair_settings.php? (individually and separately? because repair_settings.php is NOT part of the standard distribution.)

3- Are you certain that your DNS changes have taken effect?
it was the install_1-1.sql and install.php that I deleted, its been along while since I've had to install them myself, but that's all I've done in the past.
Yes I separately uploaded the repair_settings.php to the directory I uploaded the smf files at.

If I go to the domain name itself, it gives me a "Future home of something quite cool." message, but i get a 404 error when I tried to go to the forums I'm trying to move over..

Kindred

I suggest that you talk to your host at this point...
Слaва
Украинi

Mulgarus

Mulgarus

Ok, I'm almost done, but when loading the repair_settings.php page, I get this 2 errors, and godaddy support couldn't help..
Any ideas?

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Permission denied in G:\PleskVhosts\clan-fd.net\httpdocs\phetal\repair_settings.php on line 709
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in G:\PleskVhosts\clan-fd.net\httpdocs\phetal\repair_settings.php on line 717

And at the very just below the "Save Settings" I get
"Settings.php cannot be written to by your webserver. Please modify the permissions on this file to allow write access."
using FileZilla, I have that file's permissions XXX, so not sure what is causing it not being able to be written..

Line 709:
               {
Line 717:
                           resetSettings[settingsCounter++] = "' .

Mulgarus

I got it running, thanks for all your help  ;D

vondeliusc

Mulgarus:
How did you solve it?
Same problem here. GoDaddy internal migration from Windows hosting to Plesk.
-Christian

Advertisement: